I was woken up last night by 4 loud gunshots, I saw police arrive

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 05:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I was woken up last night by 4 loud gunshots, I saw police arrive

soon after (without lights on), but probably 4 min. after the shooting I saw two hooded figures run to a car parked just 4 cars behind mine. They opened the drivers side door, closed it and then ran away again.

Thats when I called the police, they said many other people had called about the shots, but I was the first to see hooded people running around.

Fast forward 30 min. I was trying to fall asleep when I heard a car door shut. I look outside and the same car that I saw the hooded people run to was leaving. Literally 30 sec-1 min after a cop car showed up and parked on my block. They missed them, I really cant believe that. Talked to the cops for 15 min or so and they stayed around for a few hours checking out a different car.

I have no idea if anyone got shot or people were just being stupid and shooting guns, perhaps I'll find out today.

Overall I like the neighborhood I live in (rent), and I dont think anywhere else would be nicer so I'll probably stay where I am. Thinking about getting a gun and learning how to shoot, since my wifes pretty shaken up about it. Not the first time we've heard gun shots either, just the worst.

*end rant*
Old 04-12-2006, 05:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why you report me and my boy?

we were just having some fun!!!!!
Old 04-12-2006, 05:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Where do you live?
Old 04-12-2006, 05:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Alexandria
Old 04-12-2006, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ...

Learn how to shoot (and handle a gun). Then buy one if you like. Preferably, in that order.

You can ask about training at one of the local gun ranges, or you can check with the NRA for an instructor in your area. I know of a certified instructor that lives in Alexandria and gives instruction if you are interested. He works with everyone from first-timers to shooters looking to do advanced skils and techniques. You and your wife could take the "First Steps" class, and then if you like you could take whatever is recommended next.
Old 04-12-2006, 06:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Fully agree^^^. How ya been Drew?

I'm currently in the shopping phase; fired many but never owned...so I'm going to start visiting rental ranges and getting together with other MA shooters to test drive some pistols. I'm torn between a .45/.40 and a few brands...but I'm gradually narrowing my choices.

A co-worker just tried out a new Springfield XD and was VERY impressed with it, as well as it's very modest price...add another one to my list. :P

Anyhow, take care and I'm sure I'll see you (and the cowboy hat) again sometime this summer.
Old 04-12-2006, 07:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I'm fine. My car is another story!

And I have not worn that hat in public since that day. :-p

Everyone I know that has tried the Springfield XD has liked it. I can't think of one person with bad things to say about it. It makes me want to try one out. They just recently added a .45ACP version to the lineup.

You didn't say you were considering 9mm but it's good for high volume shooting since the ammo is usually cheaper. Of course, the king in that category in the .22, but you'll want to buy another gun if you buy a .22.

As you try out more guns, pay attention to fit (how it feels in your hand) and also make sure you understand the safety features on each gun. You might learn that you prefer one style over another. Some have manual safeties, some have grip safeties, most have some sort of firing pin disconnect to keep a dropped gun from discharging.

And you might even find that you just plain shoot more accurately with one gun than another. I tried a friend's Ruger P90 and though I didn't like the looks of it, I was pretty good with it the first time out.
Old 04-12-2006, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I agree too and that is my plan....I wrote things in the wrong order.

I plan on learning how to shoot before I buy.

I would like your friends info. How much does he charge? Thanks.
Old 04-12-2006, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

YGM.
Old 04-12-2006, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i can teach you how to shoot when you come up to PA.

we can take you out into the fields with just about any kind of gun you want to shoot.

Quick Reply: I was woken up last night by 4 loud gunshots, I saw police arrive