Just got a DC ticket in mail today- photo citation doing 61 in 50 on 295 S of PA ave....

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 08:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default That spot is notorious. I got one a few years ago there as well...

The camera was in a dark blue unmarked Crown Vic that's just parked on the shoulder and left there all day. At the time, I didn't realize it was a "camera car". I remember seeing the car (knew it was an unmarked cop car), looking down at my speedometer to see I was going 60 (the limit there is 50)and not even worrying about slowing down because I was in heavy traffic and EVERYONE was going 60. There was no way a "human" could have picked my car out of the crowd of cars speeding, but those cameras are unbelievable. There was no more than a single car length between me and the cars in front of/behind me, but that camera still managed to snap off a clean pic of my rear license plate.

After that, I put a "photo shield" (which blurs a camera image of your license plate...illegal, by the way) over my license plate. I had it on for several months until I got pulled over by a cop with a very sharp eye (in the Pentagon parking lot, of all places) who saw the sheild from like 100 yards away and stopped me. He was actually very cool and just made me remove the sheild while he watched and let me go without a ticket. Now I just use my "eyes" to try and avoid speeding/red-light cameras, cops, etc. No tickets in over 3 years (knock on wood).
Old 01-25-2007, 10:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2nd Really bugs me when that's a revenue generator and their crime rate sucks.