The morning tradition at the office: Bitch about the dumbass drivers....

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 03:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The morning tradition at the office: Bitch about the dumbass drivers....

we encounter on the commute into work. A co-worker and I usually get in real early to work (6 AM). Not many people in here at this time and we just have to vent about the jackasses we encounter and the stupid moves we see. He commutes from Warrenton into Reston and I come in from Sterling to Reston.

Today's rant involves dumbasses that feel they have to keep moving over into the left lanes, even though there is no traffic in front of them. I am entering onto the toll road from the Rt 28 exit. You have 2 lanes coming in from 28 and 2 from the greenway. Why is it that whenever I am in the right lane coming from 28, there is someone coming in from the greenway (on my right side) that wants to pull into my lane when there is no reason to?!?!?! So I just speed up, put on my right hand turn signal get into his lane, while he gets into my previous lane and I take off. The asshat still continues at the same slow speed in the left lane and I have a WIDE OPEN road in front of me!!!!!!

And of course my co-worker has plenty of issues, just because he has a commute on 66 every morning.

Sorry for the long rant. I am all hopped up on coffee and red bull right now and needed more venting. I wish I was back in Germany where they actually know how to drive!!!!
Old 10-19-2006, 03:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

since when did you become the "morning office bitch?"
Old 10-19-2006, 03:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default ....

Don't make me have to hurt you this early in the morning.
Old 10-19-2006, 04:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I've been thinking about this lately, with all the driving I do. Yeterday I drove MD-PA-MD...

And noticed that the 'Keep right except to pass' law is posted and most people obey it. It's really great for those who like to do 5, 10, or more than the limit. IF i come up on someone in the left lane, I give them a minute or two before making my presence more obvious and they promptly move over...I have yet to get the evil eye from anyone in PA when they move over to let me pass, unlike MD.

I can always tell when I get back into MD, though...as most people's perspective of 'passing' is that you're doing the limit or maybe 5+. I occationally have to get up on peoples butts and now and then click my left blinker (i don't flash hi-beams...call it a pieve)...and often they give me this look like I'm the a-hole.
Well, maybe I'm the a-hole in their minds because they believe that the left lane is the 'travel' lane and that they are justified being there. My dad and other folks I know who are 40+ years old all think the left lane is for traveling and the right lane(s) is for trucks, really slow vehicles, and those turning off/exiting. Another reason I believe this is that, in moderate traffic, I move along down the road as a right-lane renegade...becuase all the 'travelling' folks are in the left lanes! :P

I haven't verified it, but I'd like to confirm that MD in fact DOES have a keep right law. Maybe if I stop browsing AW and get some work done, I'll have a few minutes toward the end of the day.
If there is...I'm gonna throw panphlettes out my windows at slow left-laners; I better start practicing getting them to stick to the windshields. :P
Old 10-19-2006, 04:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I notice that same thing at the 28 entry on to the Toll Road

For some reason, people need to migrate over to the left lane despite there being nobody in front of them. I love watching how the ones who migrate over to the left lane get their plans immediately changed when folks from the Dulles Access road merge on to the Toll Road too.
Old 10-19-2006, 04:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default You think people in this country know what the left blinker means?

That's how it's done in Germany and also in Canada. I don't think people here are smart enough to know what that means.

Like you, I don't flash my beams...too much. People tend to get offended and slow down, at which point, I become irate and I get around them and cut them off.
Old 10-19-2006, 04:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Good... at least someone else notices the idiocy!
Old 10-19-2006, 04:59 AM

and you VA people say MD drivers are bad? HA!
Old 10-19-2006, 05:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I'm in Boston this week, and I gotta say, these people drive way better

First off, it seems that everybody just drives faster. Last night, I'm going down a road where the speed limit is 50MPH and I was doing about 70ish and everybody around me was too. Plus, it seems people don't randomly cut you off when they're merging on to the road and such.

Plus, people seem to be more polite up here! Random people in my office, my hotel, at the mall, wherever, just walk by and say hello. That's weird.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wishful thinking. :/

Quick Reply: The morning tradition at the office: Bitch about the dumbass drivers....