NoVA Dealer Recommendation?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 11:18 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another thumbs up for Audi Silver Spring. I got my '11 Q5 there and have received great service so far. When I was shopping, I got jerked around by both the Tysons dealer and Arlington.

I did a detailed writeup on the forums last year that shouldn't be too hard to dig up. Audi SS is the way to go through. For purchases, ask for Stephen. For service, I work with Phil.
Old 04-21-2012, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Alexandria - This was the first place I went to, the salesman I spoke with was a complete idiot, I knew more about Audis than he did. The sales manager was really pressuring me to purchase, literally had to ask him for my car keys back several times after he test drove it for trade in value. He wouldn't accept "let me sleep on it". I probably would have bought the car had he not put so much pressure on me to purchase it right then.

Tyson's Corner - After writing off Alexandria, I spent a lot of time on the internet looking for the exact car I wanted. Found it online at Tysons Corner, a CPO A6. Went there ready to buy it on the spot. Sat looking at the car for 30 minutes while several salesman saw me and ignored me. I'm 31 but look younger, two of them just stood chatting with each other while I was ready to test drive and purchase the car. I drove off.

Next I went to Chantilly, a guy by the name of Sean Haidari came out to me. I hate cheap sales talk, and got none from him. He just stood there and answered any questions I had. No pressure from him at all, he was very casual. The A6 I was looking at there was a bit more than I could afford, Sean and the finance manager came down more than I thought was possible and we struck a deal. I didn't sign for it that day, but they let me take it home anyways.

If I buy another Audi in this area, it will definitely be from Chantilly.

Also, I've taken my car in for service twice, once at Alexandria and once at Chantilly. Night and day difference also. I live in Alexandria but will be driving to Chantilly for all service issue for now on.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:12 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Audi of Chantilly is a pretty new dealership as well so it's very clean and nice. I've had my A4 serviced at Tyson's Corner and never had issues except with traffic but must say I just liked Audi of Chantilly much better.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:57 PM
YSS
Audiworld Junior Member

I bought my used 2011 A6 from Audi Tyson's two weeks ago. I thought they were ok to deal with. I basically got just over $1000 off the advertised price on the car, but overall, it was a relatively positive experince. Test drove two cars and walked out with my car in less than three hours.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Bought my B8 S4 from Daniel @ FSK as well. Never had such a genuinely good experience at a dealership - quite the opposite in fact.

The folks @ FSK are top notch - and I'm not surprised to see other here feel the same way.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

I just recently bought my A6 from Audi of Tysons. I went to Chantilly first and the salesmen was 40 min late for an appt I scheduled with him. Gave up on him and went back out to see some more cars and got another salesmen. I asked him for a quote on Mon as I would be buying a car within the week. Never heard from him. Called the Manager on Wed, and left a voice message for him. He never returned my call. Called back on Thur and got the Asst Manager, told him what I was looking for. An hour later I got an email from the salesmen giving me a quote, WAY!!! over priced. I informed him I had a quote from Audi of Silver Springs and he flat out told me "I can't match that". I went back to Audi of Tyson, and had my new car ordered and at the price I wanted in 45 min.

If Audi of Chantilly service dept is anywhere near their Sales Staff, I'll deal with traffic and go back to Tysons before setting foot in Chantilly again.

BTW.. I live in Springfield, so both of them are pretty much the same amount of driving time.