It pays in more ways than one to be an ACNA-PCC member!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 05:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It pays in more ways than one to be an ACNA-PCC member!

For 2006, ACNA-PCC raised ~$8500 through our VIR and Summit Point Banquet Raffle/Auctions and Spring and Fall Shenandoah Valley Fun Runs. These proceeds will be donated to the following organizations...

- <b>Matt Ammon Memorial Fund.</b> Matt started his involvement in the Audi Club with the Potomac-Chesapeake Chapter and was killed in November shortly after moving out to Seattle.

- <b>So Others Might Eat</b> a community-based organization that helps the poor and homeless in D.C. They have programs to meet the immediate needs of people with food, clothing, and health care. They also offer services, such as affordable housing, job training, addiction treatment, and counseling, to the poor, the elderly and individuals with mental illness.

- <b>Lombardi Comphrehensive Cancer Center</b> at Georgetown University the only National Cancer Institute (NCI) designated Comprehensive Cancer Center in the D.C. area. The Lombardi Center provides clinical care, research, and education and offers the latest treatments for virtually every type of cancer.

- <b>Alexandria Jaycees</b> in support of their Holiday Shopping Tour for Underprivileged Children. This annual event allows 50 underprivileged children the opportunity to shop for Christmas gifts for members of their family.

- <b>Animal Friends of Barbour County, WV</b> an organization of volunteers dedicated to saving the lives of surrendered, abused, neglected and stray companion animals in the rural West Virginia county.

- <b>The University of Virginia's Department of Neurology for Parkinson's Disease Research.</b>

- A To-Be-Determined organization in the Danville, VA area (we feel its only fitting that we give back to a cause in the area since a good portion of the money raised comes from those of you that attend our events at VIR.)

In 2007, we hope to continue our history of raising money for these and other charitable and service organizations.

A huge thanks to all of our members that have helped out. And for those of you that are not ACNA members yet... what are you waiting for?! Follow the link in my sig to become a member today!
Old 12-05-2006, 05:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Good to see some of the money went to the Matt Ammon Memorial fund
Old 12-05-2006, 05:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Glad to see that the money is being used to help others.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Awesome! It's a great feeling to know my auction money benefits others, not just myself

but that $300 for the session on the track with Randy was some of the best money ever spent/donated!
Old 12-05-2006, 05:48 AM

that is great news... who is in charge of the matt ammon scholarship fund?
Old 12-05-2006, 06:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know the General Manager at VIR. Want me to ask him about possible local charities?
Old 12-05-2006, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I still feel partially responsible for that...
Old 12-05-2006, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default bastard

oh well, worth it!!!
Old 12-05-2006, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Glad it was worth it. It was fun to egg you on, though. How are things otherwise?
Old 12-05-2006, 11:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Not sure... I'll post when I find out the details...

or I'm sure someone will.

Quick Reply: It pays in more ways than one to be an ACNA-PCC member!