Screw Allstate..Takin my car to Wagonwork.

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 08:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Screw Allstate..Takin my car to Wagonwork.

I do one of those drive in estimates at allstate and they quote the damage at 927 dollars. Two body shops laugh at the estimate. She hit me in a parking lot, got out of her car and laughed..Lets see how much she is laughing when her insurance is paying for my rental car for a month..Sorry for the rant.. bed time..
Old 08-29-2006, 11:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

what was the body shop estimate?
Old 08-30-2006, 02:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

sorry to hear that...good luck w/ your car.
Old 08-30-2006, 03:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default yea i got hit at the parking lot too...

and the car was parked. I got hit by a dirtbike.
Old 08-30-2006, 05:44 AM

Default All insurance companies low-ball estimates.....

That's the norm these days. Whatever shop you use will have to negotiate with them but they may not get them to the actual cost and you may have to make up the difference.

European Body Works did a good job on our S6. The right rear fender flare got a little crunched, pretty minor damage and that was $1250. My deductible (Allstate) is $1k so I didn't bother filing it.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Why would I have to make up the difference? She's was at fault

I don't have the right to get a quality shop of my choice do the repairs?
Old 08-30-2006, 11:31 AM

Default Well, to get her to make up the difference you'd have to sue.....

The body shop can attempt to negotiate with her insurance company, but at some point the insurance company will say: "this is what we'll pay...period".

A possible route might be to have your insurance company argue on your behalf. Problem there is that they probably low-ball estimates just like ALL insurers do.

The primary reasons I carry insurance are 1) liability and 2) MAJOR collision damage. I have a pretty high deductible because it's less expensive and I've had very few claims over the last 20 years.

My Jeep got rear ended about 6-7 years ago. His company was Allstate. I filed the claim directly with them. Moore Cadillac did the work, they negotiated with Allstate, didn't cost me anything.

Good luck with it. This kind of stuff is always a major PITA.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I don't really want to sue my own insurance company...

I've got allstate too, and both body shops said they hate dealing with allstate claims because the labor rate that they write estimates at is rediculous. The one guy at the shop told me "You could drive up and down the east cost and you won't find one shop doing body work at this rate." The adjuster even said that if the shop wants more money, they need to contact us, almost knowing that no shop would repair my car for that estimate....
Old 08-30-2006, 01:04 PM

Default wagonwork had my car for a month, they did a great job...

..minus a couple trivial things that were/will be taken care of.

some beechassho hits me and then tries to blame it on me. we both had geico, so at first they werent very proactive on determining who was really liable. 50/50 at fault they said, if both parties pay deductible, more money for them.. 3 weeks later and after some CSI work from my part (just a picture of a no-parking sign, really) it all fell into place.

the inital geico estimate was ~$2k. the final bill after 2 "adjustments" ~$6k, plus a rental car for a month. wagonwork took care of everything in terms of "fighting" the insurance company for more money. i'd recommend them 100%
Old 08-30-2006, 01:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default That's just the scenario I'm hoping for

It was totatly her fault, the cop said it clearly to the woman:"You are at fault." You have to clear the intersection before you back up." And when she first gets out of her car and laughs? Doesn't speak a lick of english?

I had two friends go there and both times they had to get more from the insurance company, but they did get it. I had another friend go to a "lesser" shop and they did less fighting..I'm hoping it doesn't get to that point, but if it does, I'd rather it be at Wagonwork.

Quick Reply: Screw Allstate..Takin my car to Wagonwork.