Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 07:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LoL, is my number gonna be 7 now?! :-)
Old 11-14-2007, 03:46 AM

Default Why? You have a hard time seeing cars in your mirror? :P

You could always drive with your headlights on all the time instead of having to flash them. eheheh, I said "flash them" eheheheh.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exaclty my point, doesn't hurt to ask if in doubt. Thanks, E.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Thanks for understanding

Not trying to be the "rules-****." In recent years we've had more and more people trying to skirt around the rules, so we're just trying to reel things back in. Hopefully save you some time in getting ready.

Sucks being on the waitlist so close to going. Hope you get the call soon that you've made it in. VIR is pretty much the best track on the east coast and a blast to drive.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Why.... actually, yes! :->

Seriously tho, besides the frustrations of gett'n stuck behind a higher HP car the we caught up upon (the Dodge SRT in the past, for example)...

It's a bit harder for a Miata: when you're 1/2 way down back straight, and all the cars coming out of Oak tree are all Audi's, to know which one has the highly Mod'd HP to catch up, and which one is stock A4 that I won't have to worry about, for now. It's easier when there's a wider mix of different make/models of cars as their shilorettes are easier to distinguish.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Never hurts to ask!
Old 11-14-2007, 05:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default thoughts about lights...

"When it comes down to it, rules or not, if the track boss wants lights on, lights MUST be turned on."

i find this interesting, the only time i have EVER heard of anyone being required to run headlights at VIR is in night races (which ive raced in)...i have raced in MANY rain races, raced in the snow, and have done MANY hpde sessions in the rain at vir and i have NEVER been required to run headlights...EVER

i do have working headlights but have NEVER had them checked in a tech inspection (hpde or race inspection) and i have done a lot of events at vir (including several with acna)...what about race cars with no headlights? those arent allowed now? working headlights is not a VIR requirement...

as far as turn signals go, imho, using them for pass signals will lead to confusion for the folks that have always used (clear) hand signals and will lead to trouble...again, are race cars without turn signals going to be turned away? i know some groups in some areas do not allow race cars at their de's at all, is that the direction this group is headed?
Old 11-14-2007, 05:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

i hope not...really odd to require working headlights for cars running in the daytime
Old 11-14-2007, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Pretty sure that at WG in August of 2006, during the rain, we were required to run w/our headlights

even though it was daytime out.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Simple: You MUST have working directionals; and you MUST NOT use them on track. ;-)

Quick Reply: Tech Inspection Clarification in regards to VIR / Lights