A6 and "sport" options

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-1999, 10:02 AM
Scott D.

Default A6 and "sport" options

Anyone know if the U.S.-spec A6 can be ordered with:<br> - Sport seats?<br> - 3-spoke Sport stearing wheel?<br> - Sport suspension?<br>
Old 02-28-1999, 12:38 PM
Tom

Default We should get the A6 Sports Package in the fall of 99 as a 00 model. It will be an awesome car when equipped with 6-speed manual with 300 ponies V8 engine.

NT
Old 02-28-1999, 01:13 PM
Scott D.

Default More details, please???

Tom,<p>Thanks for your reply. A couple of follow-up questions:<p>1. Will this "Sport package" include the 3-spoke stearing wheel and sport seats in addition to the firmer suspension? Or will it just be the suspension mods?<p>2. Will the Sport package be available on the Biturbo V6 as well, or just on the V8?<p>Finally, I'm curious how you know so much about the 2000 model year A6. Do you have an inside track with Audi or something? <p>Cheers, Scott
Old 02-28-1999, 02:28 PM
Tom

Default Re: More details, please???

Hi Scott:<br>Most of the A6 Sports package equipment package information were came from my reading of some Hong Kong car mags. Their market standard with Sports package on the 2.8 Quattro version. The Sports package includes the sports steering wheel (probably the Tiptronic-S button as the A4's), firmer suspension, springs and leather sports seats. From what I've heard from my dealer, the Sports package should be available across the range on the A6 line-up during the fall of 99. You can still get an A6 2.8 with Sports Package or 4.2 V8 with Sports Package, too. By the summer of 99, 2.8 will be the first A6 to equips with 5-speed manual. No words yet on the S6 yet.<br>Tom<br>97 A4 1.8TQMS<br>99 JETTA GLS 2.0<ul><li><a href="http://vancouver.a4.org">A4 Club Of Vancouver homepage, features the latest report of the meeting yesterday</a></li></ul>
Old 02-28-1999, 06:05 PM
Todd W

Default I heard V8 sports pkg yes - V8 manual tranny NO.

It would be nice if it had a 6spd, but apparently in the US those are only for the V6tt and the S6 (whenever that comes out). The V8 gets every option as standard equipment - including automatic.<p>Todd W
Old 03-01-1999, 09:15 AM
ChudkH

According to my dealer, there is still a chance of a manual transmission with the V6 twin turbo, but not the V8, sadly :-(
Old 03-01-1999, 08:33 PM
rickp

Default Guys, you can get a manual tranny with the BMW 540i.

......and 324 ft-lbs torque vs. 295 ft-lbs for the V8 A6........just razzing you guys....... (grins)<p>Rick Wett 98 2.8 A4 30V Tip
Old 03-01-1999, 11:24 PM
ChuckH

Default But I don't live in Texas! I can't imagine...

...trying to drive that 540i beast over the mountain passes to get to my Dad's house when it's 0 defrees and there is two feet of snow on the ground. I need that quattro option. Doesn't mean I wouldn't like to have a 540i too though! :-)<p>Charles<br>
Old 03-02-1999, 08:54 AM
rickp

Default Just do what my midwest bro Steve does........

........he has a 91 525 he uses for a bad weather daily driver and keeps his 99 540i garaged for nice days. Also, don't forget - while the 99 540i doesn't have quattro, it has other techno dodads: traction control, dynamic brake control - maximizes brake pressure build up, dynamic stability control - detects oversteer and understeer and other awry yaw situations (monitors front wheel rotation and steering wheel angle), modulating engine power and front and/or rear brakes, and dynamic braking control- keeps you online when cornering or slamming on the brakes. I'm kinda doubtful it's as good as having quattro, but there's much less of a weight penalty.<p>It's perfect for sunny central Texas - where it's been in the 70s and 80s for the last two weeks. You Yankee driving enthusiasts should move down here! Did I forget to mention our 70 mph speed limits.........? (grins)<p>Rick
Old 03-02-1999, 10:25 AM
Todd W

Default I can't imagine...

...making enough in Texas to afford either car!!! If someone figures it out, tell me. I had a job offer in Manhattan that would have earned me enough money to buy one, but not enough to insure and park it there! The economy is cranking down here, but jobs over $50K are rare unless you're 35+. One way or another, no possibility of 540i for me.<p>Todd W

Quick Reply: A6 and "sport" options