Decision to make: '93 S4 or '93 SVX ???

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-1998, 03:43 PM
Jason C

Default Decision to make: '93 S4 or '93 SVX ???

I want to get one of the two soon...<p>The '93 S4 is in very good condition, of course.<br>It has 117k miles, I can get it for $15G's<p>The '93 SVX is also in very good condition.<br>It's an Lsi and 25th anniversary edition.<br>Loaded with 67k miles for $11g's<p>I think I may get the Subaru, but I would really love an S4...<p>Help????
Old 12-13-1998, 04:03 PM
Todd W

Default I'd take the S4

The SVX is not a bad car, but you have to love the styling. I think that the S4 has a better engine, is more luxurious, and will ultimately be easier to repair/upgrade. There are lots of Audi 100 cars for parts/familiar mechanics. The SVX is pretty much an SVX, although underneath there are a lot of similar parts.<p>If you want a 4door, the S4 wins. If you want a sports car, it depends on your preference. It's a good price for the S4. It is also the ultimate sleeper <p>Todd W
Old 12-13-1998, 07:39 PM
Steve S

Default Coworker has a SVX....he wants to unload it...

There is a bunch of reasons why Subaru doesn't offer it anymore. That should be enough to make your decision. Of course...go for the Quattro S4...you wont be dissappointed.<p>Steve S.<br>97 2.8QM<p>P.S. Here is a pic of my friends 93 Audi S4. He kinda tricked it out...
Old 12-13-1998, 07:57 PM
Ray Calvo

Default Most important reason to get the S4: 5-speed manual vs. a wimp stick on the SVX

Also, I drove a SVX several years ago when I was looking for a replacement for my Accord (nice transportation, but worst snow car I ever had since starting to drive in '69). SVX, while fast and swoopy, didn't do much for me - especially with the automatic. Just had all of thbe tactile driver senations damped out of it (all the nice driving feel for which German cars are noted for). Passed on it and bought a Audi Coupe Quattro - which I loved and gave up at 132,000 miles for present Avant (5-spd manual, Sport susp. and Sport seats) <br>
Old 12-13-1998, 09:01 PM
ChuckH

Default S4, hands down!

Spacious, beautiful, fast, practical, safe, and has a manual tranny. Everything I would ever want. ;-)<p>Charles<br>
Old 12-13-1998, 09:03 PM
ChuckH

Wimp stick? That's a good one! :-)
Old 12-14-1998, 06:57 AM
Oscar

Re: Decision NOT to make: '93 S4 or '93 SVX ?------- S4
Old 12-14-1998, 10:20 AM
Jason C

Default Don't get me wrong ... (more)

I know all the advantages there are to a stick shift. I may even be able to teach some of you a few things about working a clutch. (ok here it comes) But, I may want to do an automatic this time. Of course, I will tune this car, whatever it may be. It's just making more of a project out of it. The SVX has two stock tranny chips in it. One for typical driving, and one for a 'manual mode'. I would re-program them both, as well as, exhaust, intake with some kind of forced induction, cams, and one of the various ignition system amps or chips. This car would wip and be easy to drive.<p>See, I'm looking for an everyday driver. I plan to have a 'toy' car to supplement. Something like a mid 90's Lotus or an early 90's Carrera. I don't know if I want two sticks. Besides, later on I think I would want the new S4, if it comes with Tip.
Old 12-14-1998, 10:26 AM
Jason C

Default You would still do the S4 even with 117k miles and more money??

I found other S4's with lower milage but I want to be in the low to mid teens with the price...
Old 12-14-1998, 10:29 AM
Jason C

Default You're not helping Steve...

BTW, I set the picture as wallpaper...

Quick Reply: Decision to make: '93 S4 or '93 SVX ???