I decided to hang up my Audi keys...... Thanks guys/gals..

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2000, 07:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I decided to hang up my Audi keys...... Thanks guys/gals..

Putting the car in the buylines. Still love audi's had a 87 4000 till in 94 w/185k miles I got rear ended and totaled the car. Bought a '92 100S as listed below a couple of lines down now with a blown tranny. I'll be back with a new one. Shopping now.
Maybe I have been having bad "Mojo" with this 92 100s. But i got my Audi's worth out of it. Its a solid car, never rattles like american cars. Strong believer in Audi/VW products. I travel every Dec. to Germany. I have saved so much buying OEM parts in Germany direcly from an audi dealership at quarter the price listed at audi dealer parts here in the US especially with the significant strength of the USD over the DEM in the last 2 years its much cheaper now. In 97 it was 1.4 DEM to a 1 USD. Now currently its 2.4 DEM to 1 USD. My money doubles. I think it would be too much to bring a tranny on the plane with me.

Guys been a great help with all the questions and help. If you guys need anything when I go there this dec. Just ask. I know how it feels when you go to the friendly Audi dealer and they quote you a price thats out rageous especially for such a small rediculus part(EGR valve) Please dont ask me to bring a tranny. too big to bring on the plane or a new S8 like in the movie RONIN. Like redicules overpriced parts like O2 sensors which ran me about 45 USD each OEM from Audi or a EGR valve quoted to me here at a local Audi dealer for 315USD where I brought one back with me from Germany in dec '99 for 90 bucks OEM! May be what evers left from my sale of this car I'll down on a new one. I'll hang around to see whats posted. Later. Freyes@metlife.com or Imaudi5@hotmail.com IM Audi 5...
Old 10-27-2000, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear it....but we all know that you'll be back!! Good Luck
Old 10-27-2000, 07:32 AM

Default Update on tranny... Watch out.... 4sp auto.

thanks for the referral German Trans axle of America Guys. They said these trannys 4spd autos attached to the 12 valve V6 are poor by design. They stopped rebuilding because they keep blowing up with their experiences in the past. It was not a good business decision for them to rebuild this specific tranny. I don't know which cars have this 4spd auto tranny but WATCH OUT. It gave me no signs of problems and just failed in an instant all gears went into neutral, never slipped perfect till now at 135K. Poor design by audi or ZF. Having a 92 Audi with a 2300 replacement of a rebuilt is not a good financial position. A local tranny place here which i trust said he's seen these 4spd auto fail around 100k. From what i understand the tranny has two compartments. A transfer case differential and tranny(gears). There is a pipe that goes thru both and when this pipe fails and leaks it fails all together. I have a fear to put a salvaged tranny because of the problems I can encounter of how long is it going to last and also they mentioned something about a computer chip that has to be mated with your computer. If not done properly it will not work well.
I hope this might help you guys out.
Old 10-27-2000, 03:34 PM

Re: Good luck mate!
Old 10-27-2000, 06:09 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default Sorry bout your car man...

I am gonna cross my fingers about the tranny... What happened to it exactly? Mind sharing?