Motorsport Discussion Discussion forum for everything racing-related

All of you guys have way too much fun!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2000, 03:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All of you guys have way too much fun!

Y'all get to race the road courses and I have to race in the dirt. No road course here in Louisiana. So if you want to race, dirt is the only way to go here. Plus, I get to race with a bunch of rednecks, whose only redeeming quality is that they have at least one tooth in their mouths. But, I pretty much beat them every time we hit the track. It really kills them that a person with all his teeth can beat them. That doesn't mean they don't try, but their way of trying is to run over my car as many times as possible each race. Makes for a lot of body work. And you have to be a good friend of the guy who runs the frame shop.

Maybe one day I'll graduate to asphalt.

I'm going to Indy for the Formula 1 race so I can dream of the road racing I'll probably never get to do.

Have fun at the track and keep it right side up!

Bryan T
00 1.8TMSC
Old 06-08-2000, 07:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Pintos Rule !!!

You're learning more on dirt that most will learn on ash-fault...er....macadam.....er...blacktop....er....t armac...you know...PAVEMENT !!! Road racers might not really like dirt, but some (like me) are in awe of the car control that the NASCAR guys who came up from the dirt circuts have. Yeah, they're just turning left, but keeee-ryst those guys can slide a car !!!

Besides, you're not as far out in the Gulags as you might think. George Barber (milk & vintage race motorcycle fame) is building a track somewhere near Birmingham, and there is a road course near Talladega that hosts club events. OK, it ain't in Shrevepatch, but we all gotta drive a little to get to a track. I went 21 hours each way to Roebling Road, and blew up after 4 laps. Sometimes racing just builds character.

Saw some of my GT-3/GT Pinto friends last weekend at Summit Point. Pinto race cars are alive and well in the Northeast, so we have a common bond with our southern brothers. Just find a track with some right hand turns too, and you'll centrifuge some blood to the lefthand side of your body.

Say hi to Fast Freddy, if he still has a cycle shop in Shreveport.

J/TSR
Old 06-08-2000, 08:00 PM

Default Re: Pintos Rule !!!

'Preciate that John

I saw Freddie at the mall a couple of weeks ago. He's doing great. I grew up in the same neighborhood as Freddie and he is a really nice guy. I will tell him hello for you the next time I see him.

And yeah, you surely have to know how to handle a car on that dirt. There is nothing like throwing that car sideways at 105mph and still be on the straight just before the turn. I have had three major crashes this year though. The only part of the car that was there at the beginning of the season is the right side door. Everything else I have replaced at least once. I have also been through about 22 wheels in four months.

Have fun and keep it running up Front!
Bryan
Old 06-09-2000, 09:52 AM

Default I think the Barber track is going to be just motorcycles

That is what I have heard when they made a big deal about it during planning. I hope it is big enough for cars though. looking at the layout, it would be fun as hell. I wanna try the Talladega track whenever that comes along. Can anyone provide info on this??