Motorsport Discussion Discussion forum for everything racing-related

All you Laguna Seca attendees...Post your best lap time and vehicle please.

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2001, 08:42 AM
ryan@s4.org

All you Laguna Seca attendees...Post your best lap time and vehicle please.
Old 03-05-2001, 09:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1:46 With a Passenger In a Porsche 996 Cabriolet . . .

. . . on the ONLY clear lap I had during the entire 2 days. :-( By myself, with the fresh tires I just put on (whew! - barely made it home to L.A. on the ones I had!), I'd estimate 1:44, maybe even a high 1:43 if I really push hard and have that elusive "perfect lap." Aside from the weight and understeer that a passenger adds, with a passenger in the car, I don't drive at 10/10ths, although it might seem like it to some. :-)

Todd Serota
tserota@tracquest.com
Old 03-05-2001, 09:34 AM
ryan@s4.org

nice time...
Old 03-05-2001, 09:36 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default I was having fun watching you in Jonathan's car

What was up with that? That line on turn 5 was very unique...and turn 8 was inspiring as well. :-P
Old 03-05-2001, 10:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 1.58 '96 A4 without using the braking pedal ;P

Well, ok Jim was braking when needed, but he really had to keep the speed up in the corners while being very smooth. Car ran out of power going uphill on back end of track and on fronth straight. A little more hp could have yielded a few seconds off.

My times with my A4 are 2:08. But mostly being conservative as my instructor didn't really want me to go that fast. Last year or so, I was doing 2:05's on my first time there - by myself, so ego told me to go fast

Jim took the TTR out on his last session, and with a slighltly damp track and stock Bridgestone RE040 squeelers, he managed a respectable 2:01. It was easier to bring the back around of the TT though because of it's available power. He hit 105mph on the front straight!! Something like 90 on the A4.

So, after I finish playing with the A4, The TT will be worked on the handling department. The A4 was much faster on the corners, and if we get the TT there, I can see it run easy in the mid 1:50's with good driving.
Old 03-05-2001, 11:29 AM

Default You Must Have Seen Me In 8 . . .

. . . on the last lap where I drove. I went out just a tad too far on the exit and put two wheels off. Coming back over to the right, the car started to snap back the other way. Fortunately I stayed calm and made a nice save (if I do say so myself :-)), but it was certainly interesting!

As for 5, you likely saw me after I passed someone (you perhaps?) and had too much speed. I wound up virtually driving the entire corner on the outside!

It's a shame you got to see that lap because for the other 8 or so laps, the car was really hooked up, especially for being on street tires with a passenger. I had an absolute blast driving it!

Todd Serota
tserota@tracquest.com
Old 03-05-2001, 11:31 AM
ryan@s4.org

Default Ahhh, I know what you mean about the first time out ego...(m)

My first (and only) time to Laguna Seca I felt the same way. I had been to THill many times, so track confidence in general was high. I should have been more fearful of Laguna Seca.

But, my best time mirrored your first time out, 2:05.67.

('01 S4 - Manual - Stock)

Nice driving...
Old 03-05-2001, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Todd...I know you drive well....

I just wanted to give you a hard time....yes, you did just pass me on the entrance to turn #5...and you went way deep...and rode the outside of exit for awhile...you were out there though...and on turn #8...you were swishing and swashing there a bit.

The funny part was when I went up to Jonathan to ask him about his driving...since I thought he was in there when these things happened...and he just told me that you were driving his car. Did he ask you about it later?

BTW, I am gonna try to bring the race car out for Jonathan's March 30th event...if I can. It is at Thunderhill...the track I know the best. If things go well...I will try to hit Willow Springs or Buttonwillow with you.
Old 03-05-2001, 11:51 AM

Default I Know You Were Just Razzing Me . . .

. . . and justifiably so - that was one ugly lap!

Jonathan didn't mention his conversation with you, but there's really no reason he would have. I apologized for "scaring" him coming out of 8, but he was very non-chalant about it. Maybe that's AFTER he changed his underwear! :-)

Todd Serota
tserota@tracquest.com
Old 03-05-2001, 11:53 AM
ryan@s4.org

Default Argh (in my worst Gordon's fisherman voice), the Maiden Voyage...(m)

I'm hoping to sign up for that event as well. I would love to see the BMW on the track.

Let's hope for sunny dry weather...

Quick Reply: All you Laguna Seca attendees...Post your best lap time and vehicle please.