Motorsport Discussion Discussion forum for everything racing-related

Anyone else think the Doran Ford GT looked phenomenal? It would be nice to see...

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone else think the Doran Ford GT looked phenomenal? It would be nice to see...

... more of them running in GT2. I wonder if Ford would put much behind it considering that the GT is out of production (I think?).
Old 03-17-2008, 01:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Every time they were on camera, they were bringing up the back of the field.

I expected a little more.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default A few seconds off per lap. Considering it's a first race, and not a factory car, it has potential.

I wish there was more variety on track, but if you're going to race, and you want to win, it's much easier to just buy a GT3-RSR.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:05 PM

Default The word I hear is that it is way down on power, but handles great. Of course, if you're way down

on power the car SHOULD handle great because it doesn't have a whole lot taxing it. Hopefully the car gets more or less on the pace, but I don't see it turning into a Ferrari or Porsche beater, not to mention the BMWs next year.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:56 PM

going through turn 17, it was WAY visually slower...should be promising after some development work
Old 03-17-2008, 04:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I agree! It looked great! Speed guys said Robertson was building 6 and had a great crew...

... but yeah... that thing looks low and mean. Scary to see big boy Robertson try to get out of the tiny car when it was up against the tire wall. I like knowing I can get out of a race car from a couple different directions.

Any new racecar in an enduracne race will take some sorting. Fun to see if a viable third brand show up in GT2 even though I am a Risi fan.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: Anyone else think the Doran Ford GT looked phenomenal? It would be nice to see...

" wonder if Ford would put much behind it considering that the GT is out of production (I think?)."

From what i've heard, Ford was not happy at all with them building that car. I think they tried to get some help from ford with no luck so they went and built them elsewhere...
Old 03-18-2008, 08:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default My buddy has one currently under construction.

It was not done in time for the 12 hour, but it will be ready shortly.

He campaigned an RSR last year, but since dealing with PMNA blows, he switched to someone more enthusiastic and flexible.

I am also going to go out on a limb here and say, it WILL be faster then the Robertson car.<ul><li><a href="http://transsportonline.com/">Link to his old web site.</a></li></ul>
Old 03-18-2008, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

That's nice. A Ford anti-racing program.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default PMNA doesn't need to be flexible! I guess they know that they are the 800 Lb gorilla.

If you want a turnkey, competitive race car, and all you have is money, then there's one option.

Quick Reply: Anyone else think the Doran Ford GT looked phenomenal? It would be nice to see...