Motorsport Discussion Discussion forum for everything racing-related

Fireball Run Rally

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 07:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fireball Run Rally

Hey, a friend of mine has been invited to drive in this crosscountry rally and was talking to me about it. Does anyone have any feedback on the race? The website has some good stuff but was looking for some real world input.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:01 AM
Elder Member

Default I did the AKA Rally this past summer. Awesome experience.

I also talked to the creator of the Fireball Run a few weeks ago at Hot Import Nights.

The concept for his rally seemed dumb, and he was an arrogant fvck. The true rally experience is not what you'll get on his rally, you'll get a few hours of driving each day with a bunch of old, rich guys, who had to be "invited" to come. If you want to do a real rally and have an awesome weeklong experience, with awesome people and events, (no interview process or exclusivity attitude included) check out the AKA Rally.

The average age on the AKA was probably 24, there were STis, Evos, S4s, M3s, M5s, Porsches, Lotus', a Viper, an R34 Skyline... etc. It was anywhere from 450-800 miles of driving per day, with parties and events (rented out a drag strip, rented out a gokart track, went to the Indy F1 race, etc) every night.

Oh, and it's not a race... it's a rally.

Check out the AKA site and forums, lots of good rally info.<ul><li><a href="http://www.akarally.com">www.akarally.com</a></li></ul>
Old 09-07-2006, 09:34 AM

Default Re: I did the AKA Rally this past summer. Awesome experience.

Thanks for the input. From what I had gathered, his idea made sense...the Fireball Run seems like a bit of fun. It sounds more like a game than a rally.