Motorsport Discussion Discussion forum for everything racing-related

John/TSR. Here's the new Body on the Pinto!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2001, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default John/TSR. Here's the new Body on the Pinto!!!!

Hey John,

Got the Car fixed after the major crash from practice I told you about a few weeks ago. It has been running well. All top fives so far, but no wins yet.

It was really running well tonight until I went into turn one and the right rear axle broke off. Ruining a top three finish for the first time in a while. Y'all let me know what you think of the new look.

There's a link below to the webpage. When you get to the page click the link for the new car. just at the bottom of the text before the links.<ul><li><a href="http://www.geocities.com/dirtracr8/">http://www.geocities.com/dirtracr8/</a</li></ul>
Old 04-30-2001, 10:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Cool ! It looks like the secret love child of...

...a Porsche and a Pinto ! You've created the first "slant-nose Pinto" ever built. Sorry to hear you busted an axle - I had an AH Sprite that used to do that regularly.

I myownbadsef spent Sunday sliding around Watkins Glen at high speeds (and the Glen isn't even open yet...how do I keep pulling this stuff off ???), dusting off the track after a long winter and checking out the new concrete patches in the Boot. Which of course means that I've now got lots of concrete dust to wash off the cars, not to mention diagnosing a very eerie suspension problem in the '65 Shelby race car.

Does Delta Sonic have a exhaust noise limit in their car washes ?
Old 04-30-2001, 02:18 PM

Default Watkins Glen,.....

I love that place. If I were to become a road racer, that's where I would have to do my first race. Road America would be good as well.

We have a couple of nicknames for the car though. People at the track have been calling it "The Pintaurus". But my favorite is "Battlescar Galactica". Due to the fact that it has been wrecked way too many times and still manages to race every Saturday.

Also, I was one of the lucky fans who got turned away at the gate for the CART race at Texas. Really pissed me off that I drove 300 miles one way to make a U-turn in the parking lot. Just to drive 300 miles back. CART has lost me as a supporter of their series. They should have had that crap figured out long before the race was even scheduled. OH WELL!!!!

Keep your wheels on the pavement!

Bryan
Old 04-30-2001, 02:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Scary car

So I guess the springs didn't fix the rear end sliding all over? Erm, wanna man the roll cage helpdesk tonight?

Warren
Old 04-30-2001, 07:57 PM

Default Re: Scary car

Warren,

That's when it's at it's best! When that rear end is hung out like that, the blast off the corner is going to be like being shot out of a gun. I usually go into three high, keep it on the top and blast down the banking off of four for the sling shot. I pass more cars (cleanly I might add) that way than any other. That includes running them over!!!!

With the way I hang it out on the dirt, I think I would really like to try Rally racing!!!

Bryan
Old 05-01-2001, 02:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Oh I know you guys hang it out, but John's is scary

John's car goes from understeer to oversteer and back again a few times within the same corner. Let's do him a favor and buy him some undies. Sounds like he needs them after last weekend.

Warren
Old 05-01-2001, 07:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default That problem is fixed...

...but now I've got a sudden but predictable oversteer in left handers. Either I've got the rear roll center screwed up, a bad shock somewhere, the Detroit Locker is out of whack or that set of tires is completely pooched. In spite of that, V8 horsepower is a wonderful thing. Woombah. Woooooombah.

The track was really dirty. Several guys got punctures, and corded tires too. The new concrete patches at T7 & T8 are gonna make life really interesting.
Old 05-01-2001, 04:09 PM

Default Understeer to oversteer.....

and over and over. I would be scared. Maybe John doesn't need undies, Depends would probably be more suitable to catch the aftermath of having the you know what scared out of you.

Also wanted to know what you guys think about a helmet skirt. We get a lot of dust in the car and it is really killing my sinuses. Do y'all think that a helmet skirt would solve that? When you blow your nose and nothing but mud comes out, that's not good. I can imagine what the inside of my lungs look like.

Bryan