Motorsport Discussion Discussion forum for everything racing-related

Lookin for WARREN WANG

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2002, 02:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lookin for WARREN ****

hey warren, i bought "the sun" from mike sindona in FL. i don't have the wrenches to adjust the coilovers. help??
Old 10-30-2002, 04:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Its amazing how "the sun" checks back with Warren by itself.

I wish "Nogaro" would do that when she leavs me.
Old 10-30-2002, 05:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Hey there.

The car is corner weighted for 1/2 tank of gas and 180 lbs in the driver's seat. I would suggest leaving them as is.

I never got any spanner wrenches from Vortrag, so you'll have to pick up a set if you want to spin them up/down. I just had the shop use theirs. You can get them from places like Truechoice.

Warren
Old 10-30-2002, 05:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default btw

Enjoy the car! She kicks *** =)

Boy do I miss all that torque.

Warren
Old 10-30-2002, 05:28 PM

Default Sorta creepy, if you ask me

Reminds me of "Christine" :-)
Old 10-31-2002, 06:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default It's just glad...

...that he never did to it what he's done to the Type R.

Old race cars do have that 'Christine-like' aura. I know where every one of my old race cars is, and I get Christmas cards from some of them. My old Scirocco race car called the other day - it's for sale again in Florida. I've already bought it and sold it twice. Should I go for the trifecta ?
Old 10-31-2002, 08:17 AM

Default It's a sign, John

But, maybe the Scirocco wants you to join it for a FL winter? It's getting awfully cold in your neck of the woods this time of the year (unless, of course, this is a potential ice-racer).

:-)
Old 10-31-2002, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I don't need no stinkin signs...

...I was chipping ice off the pool solar panels last night. It's freakin cold already. Remind Corey of what he left behind...

Ice racer is ready to go. Needs a battery charge, and probably have to evict mice from the air filter box, but it's ready.

Kept my eye on the Pro Spec Miata grid sheets last weekend at VIR...half expected to see Bryon's name, even though he hadn't found a ride a/o his last email. Saw a bunch of guys I know from the Showroom Stock and IT wars (Bill Tessar, Ken Payson, etc.) in the Miata section of the paddock as they were out in Siberia, right next to our own little group of 50+ juvenile delinquents. You guys going to come east for any PSM adventures next year ? Come to VIR for the Pro race weekend next fall, if it's on the schedule. It is one cool race track, and I christened it by crashing hard in the Saturday afternoon race. Warren got to witness how easy it is to put an SRF back together after a big crash.
Old 10-31-2002, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: I don't need no stinkin signs...

I would actually prefer that you not crash it, but hey, it's not my ride.

Looks like I won't be racing at the EMRA event. I still need to do work on the car, and I'm not going to have it done by then. Pressure plate is shot again... No more wimpy stock clutch pressure plates for me. Axles are shot too, but I've got that pretty much taken care of. Gonna do the final drive while I'm in there, and get the alignment sorted for VIR in december.

Warren
Old 11-01-2002, 06:32 AM

Default Hey John ... question

Have you heard anything regarding 24 Hours of Moroso this year? I can't find anything.

We'll be at VIR double enduro this weekend (leaving in a few minutes for testing). We're at Atlanta next weekend and maybe Homestead. That'll probably be it but we are wondering about the 24.

Hope all is well with you and your family (i.e. cars, people, animals, etc.).

Quick Reply: Lookin for WARREN WANG