Motorsport Discussion Discussion forum for everything racing-related

Marlboro Racing School.. Can't wait!!! Woohoo!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2000, 10:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Marlboro Racing School.. Can't wait!!! Woohoo!

Ok I've held it in long enough...

Next week I'm heading down to the California Speedway for a 3-day Marlboro Racing School! I am soo psyched! I entered a drawing for the school on a whim, and could not believe it when they called out my name as the winner!

So I'm heading down with a buddy of mine (my friend Randy, who runs the Boxsterfest events) next Monday, and Tuesday through Thursday we get to drive 3 different cars on the Speedway track...

Tuesday, we get to drive 3.6L Mustangs on an infield road course. On Wednesday, we get to drive Formula Van Diemanns, the same cars in the manufacturer's cup series inbetween TOCA races, and on Thursday we get to drive full-blown 450HP IROC cars!

The only drawback to this class is that I fear I won't be happy with my lowly 2.8 Qtip anymore, I'll want to trade up to at least an S4! Although that 911 Turbo does look awfully pretty...

Maybe my friend Dave will let me drive his Viper after I'm done with the class. (although since the QCUSA event at Thunderhill last January, he's added in upgraded intake, exhaust, headers, ceramic-coated bits, and is ordering a Freon-based pre-cooler, which all told would boost his HP from 459 to over 550, prob closer to 600. AND, he's waiting for the an ABS retrofit... He said he plans to keep upgrading his car until it blows up or he does. @#$@##%!~ stock options!)

Anyway, I just couldn't hold it in any longer and had to share it with you all...

Of course, once it's all done and I come back down to earth, I'll put together a writeup and post tons and tons of pics!

Wish me luck!

-PhilJ
98.5 2.8Qtip
Wett, Koni coilovers, 17x8 Work Equip Anhelo, 225-45-17 S-02 PP, clear corners, V1, Bosch Eurolamps, Xenons on order, and a caddy holding all the junk that's rolling around in my trunk