Motorsport Discussion Discussion forum for everything racing-related

Motorola Cup A4

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-1999, 02:36 PM
Dennis

Default Motorola Cup A4

I just watched the Motorola Cup taped earlier this fall by Speedvision. The venue was Sebring and a yellow A4 won the Touring Car Class.
They really didn't give it the coverage it was due, with very little time showing the A4 in the race. Still, it looked very sharp lapping out on the track.

I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about this A4 and particularly what sort of modifications were made to it (I understand that the cars in Motorola Cup are quite limited with respect to mods). Is there a web-site that the people who campaigned this A4 run?

Thanks,

-Dennis 99.5 1.9TQMS Santorin.....yeah, baby yeah!
Old 12-11-1999, 04:03 PM
Steve S.

See my post in the A4 forum....it was the Intrax/AMS "stock" A4 Quattro driven by Scott Hartmann
Old 12-12-1999, 08:39 AM
John/TSR

Default Motorola Cup series rules can be found at....

http://www.motorolacup.com/all_rules.html

One of the few sanctioning bodies to put their full rules package on the web....it sure saves alot of screwing around !

Motorola Cup cars are prep'ed similarly to SCCA IT cars - car can be gutted, suspension is free as long as you retain stock type/mounting points/etc, engine may be balanced & blueprinted, but not much else. No "Gucci" trick crap/bodywork etc. is allowed. Motorola Cup cars generally look a whole lot better than IT cars (less body damage, newer chassis)

It is VERY likely that Trained Seals Racing will make an announcement later this winter regarding a Motorola Cup effort (Compact class). Stay tuned.

J/TSR<ul><li><a href="http://www.motorolacup.com/all_rules.html">Motorola Cup Rules & Regulations</a></li></ul>
Old 12-12-1999, 02:02 PM
Steve S.

Neon or Sentra?
Old 12-12-1999, 09:36 PM
Dennis

Great...Thanks for the info and the link!
Old 12-13-1999, 01:54 PM
J/TSR

Default No stinkin Neon's....

...not a good enduro car. Just read December's "Sport Compact Car" magazine about
the Birchwood Racing effort at the 12 Hour at the Point - They broke both their Neon's
and "the second place car" (i.e. ME & the other John) won SSC. Gee, we must have been
dropped in by UFO's at the last second for the win. They got their asses kicked 'cause
their Neon's were broken, while yours truly was serenely lapping about 1 second a lap
slower, listening to Albert Collins on the stereo and not breaking ANYTHING. Now, I
understand that Mike at Birchwood was the focus of the story, but our only mention
was as the "the second place car". We were, in fact, the FIRST PLACE CAR at the
end, when it REALLY matters. Seems like a little Oliver Stone-esque revisionist history.

Discussions underway to run either of the two 200SX SE-R's or the '96 Alliance Paving
Toyota MR-2. If not those, then it'll be whatever comes thru the salvage auction in
the greatest numbers in the next few months. Hopefully, some street-racers will
start stuffing '99 Honda Civic Si's into phone poles soon...that's what we really want.

JW