Motorsport Discussion Discussion forum for everything racing-related

My First Audi!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2022, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My First Audi!!

I知 probably in the wrong section of this forum page , this is also my first time using a forum !?!?
I just purchased my first Audi , it is a 2008 Audi A4 2.0t. I want to dive headfirst and start adding upgrades but I am afraid if I just start adding parts I may completely destroy my vehicle. I知 searching for tips on what order should I start upgrading my vehicle. When I purchased the vehicle it had an upgraded cold air intake , upgraded exhaust kit and that痴 all I知 seeing at the moment.
I want my vehicle to last me as long as possible being that it is my everyday transportation , I live in West Texas and it痴 pretty dusty and hotter then an oven in the summer.
I am in my early 20s so I知 pretty new to this car life please help me simplify this !!!

my vehicle has 127xxx miles !!
Old 04-02-2022, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Toss the CAI

I often get answers I'm looking for from this site, but never registered until recently so I feel as lost as you. I bought my very first Audi a little over a year ago, but did almost nothing to it (just added a CAI which was a big mistake). It was a 2015 A6 3.0 Quattro Prestige. I loved it so much, I told my wife she'd have to bury me in it....and she almost did. Some old guy decided to drive the wrong way on the interstate, in the fast lane at 1am, and hit me head-on at the top of an overpass. Never saw it coming. That car saved my life. I just went out an purchased its replacement about 2 months ago. I now have a 2015 A6 3.0 Quattro S-Line, and already made some changes. I did NOT put a CAI (best move so far), but I did change the air filter and intake pipe, installed a chipwerke chip, changed out the grill to an RS style grill, and added some black and light up emblems. I am now looking into doing some exhaust work. I don't have a lot of money, and the car is way more aggressive than I imagined with the chip, but I do need to get more air out so I'm looking at options. Maybe we can take this ride together.
Anyway, I'm no expert, but the first thing I would do is take off the CAI. Not sure how the 2.0 is setup, but looking at my 3.0 it was so obvious that a CAI was a downgrade (with regard to performance) that I can't believe I did it on my last Audi. It does change the sound, but it definitely hurs the horses. So I guess, it just depends on what you're looking for. IMHO, that's should be your first step.