Motorsport Discussion Discussion forum for everything racing-related

PBOC Winterfest @ Sebring: Anyone going?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 12:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet, see you there!
Old 01-17-2008, 05:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Man, I'd love to be there for this. I'll be at the Sebring track the weekend of the 2nd.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:17 AM

Default The Freedom set-up is serious bling

Hauler and Motorhome, both look shiny and new
Old 01-23-2008, 05:14 AM
CP

Default How'd it go?

I talked to Dave yesterday and he said one car finished very well while some others had issues, but he didn't name any names.
Old 01-23-2008, 04:38 PM

Default We finished, not particularly well but without issues

At least almost no issues - I spun it once in turn 17 (long infamous rough 180 degree righthander) and lightly backed into the wall. Cracked the left taillight and damaged my pride but little else. Otherwise we were incident free

My car finished somewhere midpack, as neither I nor my co-driver are particularly quick (or particularly slow). I didn't see the results so I know not where. The other two cars were faster - One of our miatas (#177) was maybe 5th or 6th overall. It had a local Skippy hotshoe driving, with some great racecar driver name like Bueno Giancarlo or something like that. The second of our trio, car 21, was actually running ahead of the 177 before it backed into the wall HARD about 4 hrs in. It finished after a 30+ minute pit stop, but was more wrinkled than a geriatric elephant.

I had a blast. It was great to break up the off-season with a race on a legendary track.

Is your car all done?
Old 01-24-2008, 04:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default results:

it was nice meeting you and chatting! also good to see Pat-SoCal again...

in the 6hr, we ended up 8th overall and 1st in R6 after starting something like 43rd overall (i was still learning the track during qualifying...yeah, that's my excuse)

i stayed and raced in the 90 minute enduro and weekend sprints...i had a great time and look forward to going back! sebring is a fun track and the bumps are pretty bearable in a spec e30<ul><li><a href="http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=274701">http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=274701</a</li></ul>
Old 01-24-2008, 05:32 AM
CP

Default "Done" is a relative term this winter.

I've got 25 little things that I've still got to do to get the car ready by April. I replaced the rear calipers with rebuilds last weekend, and rebuilt the fronts. I'm working on swaybars this week, and will tackle the suspension next. I'm heading out to Ayer on Friday for discs, pads and your tires from last wekeend. Then engine belts, all coolant hoses, AL radiator install, clean out the intake manifold, pick up the tire trailer in central MA, and send the car to DWW. He's going to replace the front hubs, outer tie rods and ball joints, repack the rear wheel bearings, and align the car...and move the seat back some more. Then I should be good to go ;^)

I'm having fun with this. It's SO nice to be able to spread this project out over a few months, and be able to take my sweet old time.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:46 AM

Default Thanks for posting that - we did a little better than I thought

Nice meeting you as well, and congrats on the strong finish!

Looks like we finished ~14th overall, 7th in class (of 21, we were the #94 James Barrett car). Our fast lap was a yawner time, but it didn't feel that way when I drove it!
Old 01-24-2008, 05:51 AM

Let me know when you going to get it on track and I'll try to make it to the same event
Old 01-24-2008, 10:12 AM
CP

Default Will do.

Got any tips that I should be aware of for a "DWW alignment?" Basically things to tell him to do that he doesn't do for his typical alignment? How does he usually set up his cars? Remember that I'll be driving it to events, so I'm not sure of my options as far as toe vs tire wear is concerned.

I want a ride in your turbo too ;^) I've already signed up for 3 HPDE days, and am awaiting registration to open for a number of others. I'm going to try to get to the Glen a few more times this year, in place of LRP days.

So far my schedule looks like:

4/7-8 NHIS with COMSCC
4/19 LRP with PDA (paid)
4/21-22 WG with COMSCC
5/19-20 NHIS with NAAC (paid)

I'd be interested in crewing for you if you're going to do any of the SCCA weekends at NHIS. I need to get up there for a race weekend to watch the show. Feel free to email me offline.

Quick Reply: PBOC Winterfest @ Sebring: Anyone going?