Motorsport Discussion Discussion forum for everything racing-related

Pics of my new brain bucket plus good review of helmetcity.com

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2001, 02:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another reason to avoid polarized lenses...

Some windshield glass is polarized, or can act as a polarizer. If you are wearing polarized lenses, you can actually get blind spots. The USN will not allow pilots to fly with polarized lenses for that reason.
Old 02-23-2001, 03:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alright gang, I'm convinced, no polarized shield for me. Let's try light smoke, then... Thx.
Old 02-23-2001, 06:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Whenever I have a serious shunt, I just...

...close my eyes and scream. Like a bus load of scared cheerleaders. Wow........what a fantasy.........I'll check back in later............................................. .............
Old 02-23-2001, 06:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Light or medium tinted visor would be good

But I prefer to have sunglasses. Anti-glare coating is nice too. The anti-glare thing is kind of deceptive because it actually lets more light through, that's why you don't get as many reflections off the anti-glare surface (it passes through instead).

Make sure it's a neutral gray color, and not too terribly dark (as John suggested).

See ya on Sunday!

Haha, I'll be in Denver for 3 days, and I'm gonna go pooch rides at Second Creek Raceway on Sunday. God I'm so single minded... I'll give my review of the track next week

Warren
Old 02-25-2001, 08:15 PM

Default Hehehehe... no compromise for me...

I use dat super dark tint visor for me, when i'm runnin my shifter kart. Not polarized though, just the totally black one. Then i have a strip across the top that blocks the sun and has my name on it, and i also have a sponsor across the bottom edge... but when i race my car i usaully use medium or light tint, as its not so damn bright. depends on the day. i don't worry much about corner workers, and i'd rather other peeps behind me can't see me lookin in my mirrors too much anyways. Oil is anouther problem... I'm usually *****-out, so if i hit it, its pretty much always a trip into the grass, in the kart, i've never seen anybody spill anything, in the car, you can usually spot it ok with the medium or light visors. the blacked out one is a little sketch unless its super bright out, (ei you can't see **** with just your eyes, its too bright... boniville salt flats bright, if youv ever been)

an other tip is to have your blood type embroitered onto the chest pocket of your driving suit if you have one, or the back of your helmet. that way if the time ever comes, there's less delay. also if your allergic to any drugs you may want to list those.
Old 02-25-2001, 08:19 PM

Yeah, a neck brace isss a good investment anyways.... i like my neck. dunno bout u.