Motorsport Discussion Discussion forum for everything racing-related

Is Roebling Road any fun? ACNA/Florida distributed an email about a March event.

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 07:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the kind word Chris, what brings you to these parts since you don't own a Audi?
Old 12-03-2007, 02:46 PM

Default I own a VW (parent company of audi), other german cars, and I am a fan of motorsports.

I also might be buying an A4/S4 Cabriolet soon. AND I've been to Roebling road several times, twice with ACNA. I am uniquely qualified to give Greg some advice with his question.

What's your f*cking point anyway? How does your post help with Greg's question?
Old 12-04-2007, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was in the A6, so maybe it was more like 7 years ago.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Your post comes across as ACNA bashing, so much so, I found out about it from emails.
Old 12-05-2007, 05:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default his post mirrors my experience with acna at roebling...

that was back in 2004...1st half of the 1st day, a lot of track time was eaten up for the green group "excersizes" as they were done on the track...also they used the "bus stop" which is just plain awful for cars...that was the only time i have ever used the chicane and have not heard of any other (car) organizations using it...

again, that was a few years back so things could be drastically different now...but i would not make the tow (5 hrs for me, just made it today) for another event like that...

as far as owning audis, i didnt realize that was a requirement to be a member of acna or post in the track/motorsports forum...i no longer own an audi but i'm still an acna member (still do a few audi de's each year) and a lot of posters in this forum don't own audis...
Old 12-06-2007, 04:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Audi are certainly not a requirement for these events, it's just his response that was a bit harsh.
Old 12-06-2007, 05:01 AM

Default It's good to know I'm famous.

For the record it wasn't bashing, I'm just trying to help Greg out. He has vast experience on one of the world's best tracks (vir). I'm not saying he shouldn't go, but rather to keep his expectations realistic.

RR is a neat little regional track but EVERYBODY would agree that acna puts on a very boring and possibly dangerous event there. This is good for a newbie perhaps but would Greg be happy with it? After a 7 hour tow????

I spend more time in the bmw world and forums and I can't recall a bmwcca official getting on somebody for a little criticism. In fact, it's the opposite...they seem to take the info to heart and even engage the 'critic' in public discussion. A tad more mature than a backhanded comment as a result of emails. Audi has successfully mirrored bmw philosophy when it comes to product lineup. Perhaps ACNA should take a lesson or two from the bmwcca. Be more inclusive, less combative, and make the organization better through input from members.

Ironically, your post has expanded on the discussion on why the acna doesn't put on a good event compared to alternatives. Not what you intended I assume.

This marks several times where you or Christian or somebody has gotten on me in a public forum when I wasn't even directing my comments at you. You really should 'get over it' or take it private. My email is bmwclubracer at gmail dot com.
Old 12-06-2007, 05:05 AM

Your comments were sarcastic and harsh, mine were just informed comments.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I'm pleased with the outcome, take care of yourself Chris.
Old 12-08-2007, 02:46 AM

Default I know you are, and that's the problem.

The outcome is just more bashing by acna members even when it makes acna officials look bad. That is why acna (or at least the local FL chapter) will always be a petty, second rate operation.

I mean really...you took a swipe at me because you were told to by email?

Quick Reply: Is Roebling Road any fun? ACNA/Florida distributed an email about a March event.