Motorsport Discussion Discussion forum for everything racing-related

Team Audiworld had great success at The Great Pumpkin this year...

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 04:50 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Team Audiworld had great success at The Great Pumpkin this year...

John Walsh won both sprints in his SRF (At least I think he did AND won the SSM class with his co-driver Kurt Thiel in the enduro.

And my co-driver and I placed 3rd in ITA in the enduro, 3rd! We didn't even dream of getting a trophy at this event. I assumed we finished 5th. We were 13th overall, and would have been 7th or 8th if I didn't have a tire come apart with 20 minutes to go.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:14 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats to our resident track junkie..John/TSR...
Old 10-29-2007, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yikes....

Sunday 'Group 1' race on an damp cold track...not a lot of grip...truly an exercise in 'racing on cold tires'. Passed the DSR thing on lap 1 on the outside in Oak Tree, passed him again on the inside in T12 a lap later, all while holding off the thundering horde behind me. Hate to have been the DSR guy...for the first few laps, all he saw in his mirrors was "FIBERGLASS" and crazy bastards driving balz-out.

Highlight of the weekend was Sunday's last lap pass in the Kink for the win. "Save your big tricks for the end". Har.

Michael proved once again that Nissans are tough as nails and are pretty quick, too. Not sure I'd have wanted to be him out there with all the big-bore GT1 boomers, though. Never did see you in the enduro...I drove the last stint...we must have been circulating on opposite ends of the track.

Off to VIR for the 13 Hour next weekend. No rest for the wicked.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:40 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I remember passing the Thiel car...

When it was on it's trailer just outside Erie

But yeah, it wasn't too odd that I didn't see you on the track, we had very similar lap times, we would have only finished a lap down to you guys if we didn't have that tire problem. I think the 5 minute mandatory pit stop idea is wonderful, it evens the playing field a little bit, gives very low budget teams like ours a chance. I just wish the tire problem was evident in our required pit, we would have had a much higher finish.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:01 PM

Default Which car at VIR?

I will be running SSM, car #08, blue with a red top. Should be a hoot, even though I don't think my car/team is very competitive. Such are the breaks when doing 'rent-a-ride'.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Miata...

...just like half the field.

Not sure what class we'll be in, SM, SSM or ITA. It's really an SSM, so we can choose. We're chasing points in the Kumho ECS, and have been 'playing the numbers' so far this season...we're in 3nd nationally at this point, and there's quite a bit of contingency stuff at stake. We'll decide in the paddock on Friday afternoon, like we normally do...possibly with a coin toss.

#88, white Miata, Maine license plates. Me and the other John driving, Kurt may drop in for a session, or maybe one of the drivers from the Kumho Tech Center, like in previous years. I think we're sharing pits with Crusty Jeff the BMW guy from VA...got an email the other day that he's still looking for a DTR and some crew. Probably going to be a last minute thing.

Can't find the feet to my overhead fuel rig...dammit. Car is still sitting in front of my shop, in a heap. Guess I'll be busy tonite screwing stuff back together.

You don't need to be fast, just be consistant. The 'fast' guys usually crash or break before the checker.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:11 AM

Default "break before the checker" ... sounds a lot like my 2005 and 2006 races!

I'll have a look for car #88
Good luck, sounds like you all have a lot to race for

Pack warmly, looks like it'll be a cold night again

-Doug
Old 11-01-2007, 05:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default We have a different definition of "cold" than you do....

...as we're up here somewhere near the Arctic Circle. We'll muddle thru.