Motorsport Discussion Discussion forum for everything racing-related

Track Junkies - Anyone see this about Limerock on PDA's website? Clubs get half-days

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 11:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track Junkies - Anyone see this about Limerock on PDA's website? Clubs get half-days

LIMEROCK CHANGES- LimeRock has changed all club rentals to half days. We have been given three half days so far ( 2 in April and 1 in Nov ) In the best interest of time allowances, we have decided to make the first day in April for Novices (Group 1(green) and 2 (white) with an Instructor group) and the second day for upper intermediate and advanced (Group 3 (blue) and 4(red) )

Assuming that's true, how crazy is it going to be to try to coordinate people arriving and leaving the track? They're going to have to split up the infield. I'm glad I've driven on it, but if that's true and ACNA only gets half days, I will be going to another track.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:01 PM

Wow that's lame. I'm not towing 3 hrs one way from Boston for a half day at LRP.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Yeah, it's because of that stupid $100,000 'Lime Rock Park Club'

Basically for lousy drivers with far more money than sense who want to not have to share the track with anyone, but want to have Skip Barber himself kiss their butts.

I'm hoping the LRP Club flops after a year or so and things can go back to normal.

That SCCA track in Palmer, MA can't happen soon enough!
Old 12-19-2007, 05:30 AM
Tech Guru

Received 107 Likes on 98 Posts
Default Here's the blurb from the NEQ Event notes: "a little change in format"

"This ever popular event is back for another year but with a little change in format. We are sure you are aware of the new Limerock Park Club and the impact that is having on club events. Well, NEQ is no different and while we have the track for those two days we have to share it with LRP Club members. Different to say the least. We are working closely with eventmaster Gio Tomasi and NEQ Chief Instructor Steve Earley to put together a fun, challenging event. We will keep you posted as this event comes together."

If "sharing" means having these guys on the track with me, that's fine. But if sharing means that we get half a day for our event and we get half a days of watching half a dozen cars run the circuit, then I'm out. That's a waste of time for me. I'd rather spend the time driving to the Glen.
Old 12-19-2007, 05:42 AM
Tech Guru

Default Interesting that while the days are listed as half days (1-5pm), the price remains the same.

If that's the case, I'm done with LRP. Skip can screw someone else; I'm done being his bitch. Who do I see about a refund of my portion of the "repavement fees" that he's socked the clubs with over the years?
Old 12-19-2007, 05:55 AM
CP

Default Looks like we're down to WG and NHIS now.

I don't mind the sharing with LRP Club members idea, but safety would be my biggest concern. I'm all set with LRP and their new 1/2 day format if we're only going to get on track for the afternoon. However it looks like the local car clubs are going ahead with booking time at the track anyway, so even if many of us skip those days and the clubs lose money, LRP still gets a booking and the revenue from it. Personally, I think our club should tell Skip to f-off and not book any dates at all this year.

Looks like I'll be making a few more trips to the Glen now, and think I'm going to try to get down to the new track in southern NJ at least once to check it out.
Old 12-19-2007, 07:27 AM
Tech Guru

Default Here's the real story from Joe at PDA: no loss of actual on track time.

Take another look at the site and note that they will only be running 2 student run groups instead of 4. This means that there still should be four 20 minute sessions for each group.

Yes, I'd rather have it the old way, but this is a good compromise given the situation. Regardless, I will probably skip those dates in favor of NHIS or the Glen.
Old 12-19-2007, 07:56 AM

srsly? LRP was already the most expensive track around
Old 12-19-2007, 07:57 AM
CP

Default Same # of sessions, same track rental fee, 1/2 the # of people...

So an afternoon at LRP is going to hit $400+, or the clubs are going to bend over and take a huge loss?

The difference will obviously be passed on to students, and I'm not so amped to drive LRP to warrant paying even $300+ per day. I'm going to follow the news for the next few months, and then probably transition my LRP days (6 last year) to other tracks for 2008.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:13 AM
Tech Guru

Default Track rental fee is less than last year overall, but up on a per hour basis...

PDA absorbs in the increase, so the student fee of $270 is unchanged.

Basically, same cost to the student, same amount of track time, less people, just less down time between sessions, done in half a day.

Biggest problem I see is rolling in at noon to set up and finding the paddock full of giant trailers...but then again who knows how many playahs there will actually be there.

Quick Reply: Track Junkies - Anyone see this about Limerock on PDA's website? Clubs get half-days