Motorsport Discussion Discussion forum for everything racing-related

what caused this odd rear tire wear on my track setup?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 08:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default yes, I go to a shop that is old school racers. I think I may need to go back to Woodlawn

who are Porsche SCCA racers. I just didn't like going there because I don't get a printout of the results (and it's not in the nicest area of Philly), since they use an old system that works well for them. However, I know they take every step to do right - even adding a tech to the driver's seat who is my size when they do the alignments. I just don't like that they're double the price for the same alignment. But, when you look at my rear tires, the loss of 1 more event from them would warrant paying more for a "better" alignment.

The picture is taken of how the tires came off of the car, if you're standing at the back of the car. The extra wear is on the rears, which I find odd.

I know that I do tend to steer with the rear of the car, but that's a lot of extra wear, especially when there's a lot of highway street miles on those tires.

To answer your tire pressure question, the fronts tend to pick up faster/higher than the rears.