'01 Silver Avant at DirectTire in Natick? Looks good.

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

'01 Silver Avant at DirectTire in Natick? Looks good.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:14 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I was there earlier today, when were you there???

...there was a little "oops" that happened, but I am confident that they will do the right thing and replace my brand new wheel that got scuffed when they did a road force balance.<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/a6/msgs/738564.phtml">X-post to A6 forum</a></li></ul>
Old 10-02-2007, 01:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dropped the car off at 2:30 hung around in the shops there till 3:30, looks like a double oops...

too.
I went in because my right rear tire was leaking air from the wheel weights on the inside of the rim (at least I thought that was where since I had taken the tire off and sprayed some soapy water on it.

I asked them to give me a call on my cell when they knew what the issue was so I could make the call on what to do (never know what they may find and it may have been something other than the weight locations.

I walked back at 3:30 having received no phone call and met the gentleman that took my car in as he walked from the lot to the store. I asked what the news was on my car and we went to the counter where he proceeded to say "I am guessing no one celled you?" I responded with "you got it."

He pulled up my invoice and said that they had cleaned and resealed the rim/tire. Printed out the receipt, folded it, handed it to me and said all set (meaning work is done and no charge since we didnt call you). I said thank you and went home without even looking at the tire or the receipt.

When I got home I looked at the tire and it didn't look like it had been touched (rims were a little dusty and figured there would be some fingerprints on it. I proceeded to look at the front right tire where there appeared to be plenty of work done, then my receipt which said "right front buff and seal wheel."

(I said right rear was leaking, they did work on the front right)

ugh, I'll just pay my friend at a local station in Needham take care of it for me tomorrow when he aligns the car. (I just did tie rod ends and a rear wheel bearing)