Alarm Gremlins....PLEASE HELP....

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 09:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm Gremlins....PLEASE HELP....

So just randomly this started happening....I haven't done any alarm work or anything, so I have no idea how this could happen...

For some reason, when locking my car with the key fob, the car locks just fine, however all of the sudden, the lights will not blink and the horn will not beep, even though the car does indeed lock. Now when it locks, within 5 minutes, the alarm starts randomly going off...I can unlock it just fine, and when unlocking, the lights blink like they should...why am I having trouble locking all of the sudden? Any help would be much appreciated...
Old 03-02-2007, 09:35 AM

Follow up...Alarm also goes off when car is left unlocked...no explanation whatsoever...
Old 03-02-2007, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

check the trunk and hood to see if they close correctly.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default VAG it, i think there is a locking pump and htat has something to do with the alarm too

i had a similar problem with my 98, alarm was going off, doors were locking all kind wierd stuff.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:55 AM

Default Trunk and Hood are latched correctly...MORE....

So i went back outside after i saw that my alarm was once again going off, after not even locking the car....by the time i get outside the alarm has stopped and the car is fully locked...i unlocked it and locked it again and low and behold, it locks just fine, with the lights flashing and horn beeping just like they should...i am not going crazy because it was happening like i described earlier....I DON'T UNDERSTAND IT AND PROBABLY NEVER WILL, so unbelievable frustrating

thanks for the help
Old 03-02-2007, 10:26 AM

Default Thought I fixed it....alarm yet again going off even though car locked properly....

everything is locked and latching properly...guess i just gotta bring it to the shop...seems fully electrical, i don't know what else to do

I am sure all my windows are closed and no sensors are being tripped
Old 03-02-2007, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Check the connector for the hood latch...

...I recall another local AWer who had alarm issues, and we narrowed it down to his hood ltach sensor which was not plugged in all the way. I might have some time this weekend (Sunday?) to run a VAG on your car. The scan would indicate where the alarm is being triggered.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:19 AM

Default I will check that fully...this weekend would be great if you had time....

I'm in boston but would have no problems traveling out towards lexington to get this ironed out if you have time...i will most likely be working on saturday anyways so i'll be in the area...i will drop you an email later tonite or tomorrow

thanks again...
Old 03-02-2007, 11:58 AM
Tech Guru

Received 107 Likes on 98 Posts

VAG-COM is your friend.
Old 03-04-2007, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default This might be too simple a fix, but

have you tried turing off the interior motion sening switch (or whatever it is called). Sometimes if I have that enabled and the wind blows too hard my alarm will go off.

Quick Reply: Alarm Gremlins....PLEASE HELP....