Alternative Serice to Audi Dealerships in MA

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2024, 01:39 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wisconsin Q7
How about you bought a revered brand with expectations for longevity and near perfect driving experience that is reliable for years to come? Then when the time comes to sell it, you'll expect top dollar because it's an Audi.

Now, you want to go outside of what those engineers are recommending for safe and reliable maintenance in order to save a few dollars? Maybe those shops don't have the latest updates or can save you 20% by buying aftermarket parts. Then you go out on the road and expect that car to be an Audi experience.

You're setting yourself up for disappointment and a lower valued vehicle.

These cars are highly engineered and perform great when you follow the maintenance schedule. If there's an issue then Audi covers it & if there's a problem after service, Audi dealers are held to a high standard to make things right. Then when you go to sell it, the dealership can pull the maintenance records and you're more likely to get a higher value for it.

Please do not bad mouth the brand when there are issues, or you get less for trade in and don't say it's a piece of junk when it breaks down.

I don't see a ripoff, I see the brand doing everything they can to be reliable.
Sorry, but I think this is a very idealistic take.

I have been a long-time Mercedes owner. I would not go near a dealership to maintain my vehicle. There are so many great independent shops in my area that specialize in the brand, treat their customers much better than dealerships do, and charge a reasonable price. They also stand behind their work. One of which in the Boston area, is European auto Solutions. They only work on Benz and BMW and I won't go into their whole history, but there is a reason so many people in the area rely on them with their vehicle.

Of course, you could always take it to any old mechanic who claims to know what they're doing with a luxury German vehicle and screw up. There are those owners out there too. But don't deride the idea of taking a good vehicle to a specialty independent shop. Usually, you will find ex dealership mechanics and business owners who care a lot more about their customers. There's a reason we call it a stealership.
The following users liked this post:
theclutch (04-01-2024)
Old 03-29-2024, 01:50 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jbain2
Thanks so much for this, great list and some inside and outside the city!
Old 04-29-2024, 02:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

A brief update concerning one of the shops mentioned above.

Brian's Garage has closed as of early March: Brian retired. I will miss the place, as I had taken both VW and Audi there for about 20 years of fairly priced, honest, and competent repairs.

I spoke with Brian just now for a recommendation and he put Keegan's at the top of the list for major work.

He was OK, as well with a place in Needham (Chestnut Motors) for usual VAG maintenance. I hadn't heard of it before, but I'm inclined to try them on the basis of the recommendation and as it's not so big a schlep from Boston itself.

Last edited by bvariant; 04-29-2024 at 02:30 PM. Reason: edited typo
Old 04-29-2024, 02:23 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bvariant
A brief update concerning one of the shops mentioned above.

Brian's Garage has closed as of early March: Brian retired. I will miss the place, as I had taken both VW and Audi there for about 20 years of fairly priced, honest, and competent repairs.

I spoke with Brian just now for a recommendation and he put Keenan's at the top of the list for major work.

He was OK, as well with a place in Needham (Chestnut Motors) for usual VAG maintenance. I hadn't heard of it before, but I'm inclined to try them on the basis of the recommendation and as it's not so big a schlep from Boston itself.
Ummm, wow! Congrats to him! I'm surprised he didn't sell the business (or maybe he did) as I thought it was in a great location.

Where's Keenan's? It doesn't show up near Brian's Garage.

EDIT: Nevermind, you meant Keegan's in Medfield

Last edited by theclutch; 04-29-2024 at 02:25 PM.
Old 05-14-2024, 07:17 AM
MP
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://www.emwholliston.com/

Marc has been solid. I've seen a wide range of vehicles move through the shop from A4s to GT3s and some vintage 911s too.