any experience with Rennen Performance in Portland, Maine?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 07:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any experience with Rennen Performance in Portland, Maine?

want to employ them to find my boost leak problem in 99 1.8t. they seem like real good guys, have a nice shop. just wondering if anyone has used them before. their site is <a href="http://www.rennen.us">Rennen Performance</a>
Old 07-02-2004, 09:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Good shop...

But I've taken my car to Eurospeed instead. I have nothing against Rennen or anything, its just that Eurospeed is more conveniently located for me and they're affiliated with AWE-Tuning. Eurospeed's on Fox St. in Portland.

2002 6sp S4
H&amp;R/Eibach
Toy_Guy SS
DTM RS4 Replicas
Other stuff....
Old 07-06-2004, 07:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: any experience with Rennen Performance in Portland, Maine?

I've used both Eurospeed and Rennen when I haven't had the time to do the work myself. Both shops treated me well.
Eurospeed - H&amp;R w/bilstein, replace wheel bearing
Rennen - Spec 2 clutch, change tranny and rear diff fluid, rear diff seals.

Rennen is a very clean shop which is expanding and working toward purchasing a 4 wheel dyno. That fact along speaks about the quality and quantity of work they put out the door. They do very good work, young guys who seem to have ambition. A little expensive $50/hour but quality.

The Eurospeed guys are good mechanics - treated me well but don't seem to be at the same level technically (No dyno, no lifts, kind of a junkyard out front but this is just an impression). They are less expensive. I would not hesitate to bring my rig back there.

Maintenance items I would bring to Eurospeed and tuning stuff to Rennen. Lets support both these shops though, it is great to have them in Portland.
Old 07-06-2004, 09:52 AM

Default Seem like they've got things pretty well dialed...

I'm taking my car in tomorrow for a boost leak as well ( at least that's what I hope it is....)
I haven't had it in before but they've done alot of stuff for buddies that was all well done, and as quoted....

EuroSpeed is great too - Joe hooked me well on several installs of things... and was more then reasonable on labor.

Agreed that it's awesome to have local folks to support &amp; hopefully they keep growing...

Regards,
Old 07-07-2004, 10:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default i went to renned for a real quick air bag light reset

and the guys there seemed SUPER willing to help and acted like they really wanted my business which i appreciate. i asked if they had time to reset the light and they jumped up and ran the VAG out to my car, afterwards when i had to pay them i asked about a possible future apointment for a boost leak problem, instead of just saying 'yeah sure' they went back out to my car, looked over the engine bay for very apparent stuff, VAGged it again to check for fault codes or whatever.

they seem like good guys. complimented my car, and told me to come down to waterfest(can't go cause of work). anyhow, pointless ramble by me, but i take character highly into account with automotive stuff, and they rate highly with me in that dept.

nice shop too, if they got a dyno that would be killer! and it makes them sound like they're legit since they want to expand like that.
Old 07-08-2004, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Just heard that Eurospeed is closing down shop....

I guess Joe's moving to the left coast sometime later this year.

Erich - I think I've seen your car around town -- you park down on Fisherman's Wharf? If so, I like your ride. The quad tips look insane!

2002 6sp S4
H&amp;R/Eibach
Toy_Guy SS
DTM RS4 Replicas
Other stuff....