Any tips for talking to a court magistrate about a speeding ticket?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 08:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where the fug is Orange?

I got stopped on Rte 2 in Lexington last year and the magistrate at Concord was a real withc as well. She didnt even let me talk, she just said "I cant do anything about this ticket". maaaan, I walked out of there grinding my teeth in anger.
Old 03-01-2006, 08:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default S4olen Headlights is right on the money !

gee, sounds like you have some experience... 8-)

I think you got everything but STRESS your CLEAN driving record ! then offer the contribution "just to keep your CLEAN driving record"..... and don't be surprised how much they consider a contribution. 8-)

a buddy, ahem, contributed $500 smackers...!
Old 03-01-2006, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I've been successful with a magistrate, but only when it was a *procedural* error

specifically, the state mixed up the infraction number and sent me a hearing notice for a different violation than what I was charged with. Pretty easy dismissal.
Old 03-01-2006, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Default IIRC, the 5-years of clean driving might automatically keep you from getting points from this

It's in the drivers' manual somewhere, which you can download from the RMV <a href="http://www.massrmv.com">website</a>.

I hate that paper mill. I understand the speed limits in the immediate area of the mill, but the rest is just for speed traps.
Old 03-01-2006, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default The Lexington/Lincoln/Concord/Acton stretch on RT2 is death as far as local cops are concerned

They are always hiding in the bushes or some other BS.

Orange is well out west btw. About an hour+ on rt2 from Cambridge.
Old 03-01-2006, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

lube makes it hurt less
Old 03-01-2006, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default You need to play their game....

Don't bother with the "I think he was mistaken" crap. They aren't goin to buy that. You were speeding and he has you on radar. No judge will give you the benefit of the doubt or take your word over the cop he sees once a week for years. Go to the National Motorist Association website and find out how to get civil engineering surveys and radar gun records from the police. You submit a written request and if they fail to provide you with the documents you tell the judge you want the charges dropped because you can not defend yourself because they didn't give you the records. You need to play their game. Your word against a cop and you don't have a chance. Judges listen to bad stories, liars and idiots all day and they are not interested in listening to your story. Been there a million times.<ul><li><a href="http://www.motorist.org">http://www.motorist.org</a</li></ul>
Old 03-01-2006, 01:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default not if you're below a step 15... you get points because you're just "losing a credit step"

this labyrinthine, asymmetrical SDIP crap has got to go.
Old 03-01-2006, 04:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default yeah I actually got pulled over in Erving

guy actually pulled a U turn on rt 2 to pull me over. It's not a divided road out there. I felt like asking for his thanks that I pulled over and waited for him when I could have lost him in a heart beat while he U turned. I was so close to IN 91.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:05 PM

Default I used to never see many. I commuted from Foxboro to Tufts

and took Rte 2 5 days a week. Only saw cops a few times in the year I did that.

Quick Reply: Any tips for talking to a court magistrate about a speeding ticket?