do not go to brians garage in needham

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 12:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default do not go to brians garage in needham

went there this morning at 830 for coilover install and six hours later they call me and say that they didnt have time to do it and the price given to me is not correct and the part number for my coilovers are not correct for my car. i asked eurocode what tein basics fit the b6 3.0 and they suggested the s4 coilovers. bad attitude and they said that they tried to put the coilovers in but everything in the box was barely moved and zip ties are still on. bad service even with an appointment
Old 06-09-2006, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default They have an odd attitude about suspension upgrades...

I think they have a great reputation based on the service repair work that they do. However, when it comes to mdos and upgrades, they seem to have a strange approach.

When I asked for a quote on coilover installation for my 2.7T, I had to hear Brian's complaint about us "tuner heads" ruining a perfectly engineered suspension, as if I wanted the coilovers because I did not believe in Audi engineers or something like that. It felt weird that I had to "make my case" for the coilovers and to spend money on labor at his shop, when I would think that a shop owner would welcome business if it meant billable hours.

I think it is too bad that they did not contact you sooner that they would not get to the work...my guess is that maybe they did not want to do it anyway, you did NOT get the parts from him, so no skin off his back.

Try Central Service or Greg's Garage in Natick. Both owners seem very willing to take on the new and unusual...I plan on using one of those shops for installation of Bilstein PSS9 coilovers when I save up enough pennies for a set of those!
Old 06-09-2006, 12:23 PM

Default Re: They have an odd attitude about suspension upgrades...

they kept sayin that the part number was wrong and they gave me the 3.0 part number. i told him that tein and eurocode suggested me to get the s4 coilovers and they just said to me "well go call them again" i just know that im not going there again.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default it might be my fault...

My car has been there a few days with a cold start only issue. They just called me with very good news about my cars status. Just letting it be known that they were swamped this week, but I got very lucky and my car will start fine now.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:46 PM

Default Re: it might be my fault...

im pissed at the fact that they called me six hours later thinking that they are done and they tell me that they couldnt do it. and lying to me that they tried to put them on when they told me that they didnt even put them on when they called me.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:41 PM

Default a little bit about the economics of repair shops

first -- I'm not saying the shop did the right thing. sounds like they did a poor job of setting expectations.

that said: If all repair and service shops did was put on parts their customers brought them, most of them would be operating at a loss. Any profit they make comes from the margin they get on the parts they sell. Next time you go to a service shop with some go-fast parts you bought, just keep that in mind.
Old 06-09-2006, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default at $85/hour shops don't make money when they are booked solid (excluding parts markup)?

not trying to be a smartass, i just find that surprising.
Old 06-09-2006, 02:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default rust? Re: a little bit about the economics of repair shops

Consider the rust and seized parts that can delay suspension installs...
Old 06-09-2006, 02:35 PM

Default Re: at $85/hour shops don't make money when they are booked solid (excluding parts markup)?

i didnt know if they were booked solid but they just told me to come in at 830. its just messed up that you have an appointment and you bring it in and they tell you that they cant do it. i mean what was the point of bookin the appointment they could have just told me that they were booked solid and couldnt do it instead of tellin me to go in and get the car back 6 hours later for nothing
Old 06-09-2006, 02:39 PM

Default Re: a little bit about the economics of repair shops

i know that they wouldnt be making a lot of profit its just bad management of time. i would mind payin more if quality is good but i didnt get anything done.

Quick Reply: do not go to brians garage in needham