do not go to brians garage in needham

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 09:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: do not go to brians garage in needham

Jeff,
I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy. Although I was not in the building on Friday for your scheduled appointment, I had been in contact about your car with Stewart many times. (He is more than qualified for this job)

We have installed countless suspension kits from many different manufactures over the years, I hope you recall the conversation you and I had, and you explained what you would be supplying. I told you we had not used the TIEN kit before but were willing to give it a try.

Please keep in mind just because your car is at the shop at 8:30 does not mean we start on it then, your car actually came in the shop around 10. After removal of the rear suspension and comparisons to the new parts stew did not feel the install would be right, he reinstalled the original parts. Just because a wire tie was not cut and dirt was not smeared all over something does not mean it was not handled.

He then proceeded to the fronts and encountered a frozen upper spring seat bolt (steel bolt, aluminum seat) we spoke and I told him not to get in over his head, I would prefer to be there if something bad might happen.

There was enough visual difference between the supplied parts and stock to warrant a call to TIEN USA,

Jeff, your car is an 02 3.0 the Kit you supplied is for a 2005 S4, TIEN makes a kit for a 2002 S4 is that what you wanted?

TIEN explained that they make three unique kits for the 02 A4 A 3.0, 1.8 and 2.7 kit, they also told us that the 02 S4 kit (supplied) has different spring rates and shock valuing and should not be interchanged with the older chassis, (they said this not us).

Generally, we install what ever is brought to us, our belief is that if it's wrong and you supplied it, no skin of my back. But we do sometimes draw the line when we think the repair will cause more grief than needed, you are the first customer to complained because we tried to do what was best for you, my mistake, Sorry!

Again we apologies! After spending 3 hrs with your car you were called and informed of the situation, we offered to reschedule (you refused) we did not bill you for time spent (our loss), we did what we felt was best if it is not good enough for you oh well.

Best luck with your car!

Brian Mushnick
Brian's Garage
still in business after 15 years
because we don't know what we are doing
and are mean to everyone!

p.s. hey Boston Revival, can you report a company to the BBB for not doing something and then not charging you for it?
Old 06-12-2006, 10:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default sounds like a reasonable explanation to me. I have been using Brians for 10+ years...

and I have always been treated fairly. They have modified my VW's and Audi's, performed routine maintenance, and put up with my numerous questions regarding mods I wanna try out etc. Will Brian bust my ***** for wanting to put racing suspension on a daily driver that never sees the track, YEAH... Will he do the work correctly and for a low cost... YEAH.

Brian is the most honest mechanic you will find. If he spends an hour on a job that the books says takes 3, he will charge you for the hour. He has driven me to my work after I drop off my car... he has gotten my car into the shop with no notice when I broke down.

If you have thin skin, I recommend you go to your local Audi dealer. I'm sure you will be greeted with a smile, and you get all the free coffee you want. If your lucky, they will grease your @$$ before they give you your bill.

Think of it this way...

You bring Brian your parts. He installs them... charges you and you drive away. Your car drives like crap, you bring it back in. You then realize that the suspension is incorrect. You now own suspension that doesn't work in your car, and you paid Brian to install/remove the suspension.

All in all, it sounds like they save you a hassle and some major $$.

Personally, I think you should thank him for not screwing you.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:16 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

edited, thanks
Old 06-12-2006, 11:17 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Brian, that sounds very reasonable...

and I'm sure many here will appreciate your response to clear this situation up.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:02 PM

i appreciate all your help and am sorry for any incovience but the fact that both tein and eurocode gave me the same part numbers for the suspension kit that i supplied and suggested for my car. the thing is that im not upset at the fact you couldnt do it but the fact that attitude in your shop is not very acceptable for business. i think that stewart is highly qualified but attitude towards me when picking up the car is what got me most upset. thats my opinion but either way thank you for all the help and time you spent.
Old 06-12-2006, 02:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default +1 honesty-Brian, that sounds very reasonable...

Billing is always reasonable, whether its a half hour diagnosis or a major job. I have never suspected anything foul on the bills. So much so, that I can live with the testing of my thick skin. "I suffer for my soup" is what I say. As arduous as it can be, as long as my cars mechanicals look good, its more important to me than if my ego feels good. (Fernando from SNL)
Old 06-12-2006, 09:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: Sounds similar to my experience 3 years ago. Fortunately that led me to find Lee Malo.

All I can say is that sounds like the experience I had. I went there no idea what the guys name was but he was some dick with an attitude so I told him to go ****himself and left. As far as im concerned that place is horrible I cant people even let them touch there audi's I wouldnt even let that buy fix my mailbox if it was broken.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:02 PM

you can, whether or not the BBB does anything is another matter.

Anyways, nice response to clear up the situation. SOunds reasonable to me, good luck to the shop!