Hatred for tow trucks/meters & potential vendetta erupting against Herb Chambers

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: the desk officer didn't seem to care very much...grumbling his words and whatnot. I just rolled

Without painted lines its hard to tell where you can park without blocking in their showroom cars. Maybe they towed 2 cars, or in fact your car was smack dab in the middle (to avoid door dings to ur audi, I would do the same parking job) but they are ****** to not mark it with a sign or be more accomdating. If they cared, they don't, they could have towed you onto their own lot maybe? (Not sure u would find it then)
Old 08-24-2006, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A meter indicates a legal spot
Old 08-24-2006, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 133 Likes on 91 Posts
Default there were faint lines on the ground...worn out. They are ****** for not having signs up but having

a meter there marks it as a legal spot for people to park at. If they don't want people parking there or mistaking it for a spot, remove the meter or place a sign.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 133 Likes on 91 Posts

exactly. no signs saying can't park in this spot or tow zone sign. perfectly legal spot.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:37 AM

Default Bummer man. I lived right near there and had to find meters every night for a year and a half.....

....the locals know EVERY spot that might let you get away without moving the car at 8am. Your best bet, even thought it takes some time, is to loop up and down the strip of Comm ave. from Tonic to Herb Chambers until you can get a spot someone is leaving from.

It's a bitch around there. I can recall asking friends for rides to work if I got one of the cherished headless meter spots.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Yes our police logs are hilarious. One was...

Woman called to report a suspicious black man wandering the street. Police dispatched to find a jogger.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I've parked infront of there. Last time I got dirty looks from the people there.

I'd molotov cocktail them if I was you...
Old 08-24-2006, 05:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default wow.....that is terrible,,,,makes me want to throw a rock through their window

I hope you get them to pay. If not, I hope you embarass them somehow.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:48 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default Linking them to this thread couldn't hurt

I can tell you that I will not patronize any Herb Chambers dealership until this is satisfactorily resolved.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Before you blow a gasket, I recommend speaking with them calmly.

I know the exact area that you're talking about and it is BS that Chambers has the driveway where parking meters are. I'm willing to bet they like those spots open for customers.

Go speak to the GM of the Infiniti dealership and tell him what happened. Tell him you have an invoice you'd like him to pay. If he doesn't, I'd definitely make a scene.

Now, if you want to have some fun, call the City Hall and see if they legally opened that driveway. Start with the Permits department of Public Works. Next talk to somebody in the Transportation Department and ask them about those meters.

Either that meter or driveway shouldn't be there. Somebody must've called it in.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Hatred for tow trucks/meters & potential vendetta erupting against Herb Chambers