How is wagner audi service department?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 04:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How is wagner audi service department?

i need get my s4 checked for a few things and was wondering how the service is at wagner??
Old 02-15-2006, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I went there for 3 years when I lived in Worcester...

And generally speaking had a pretty good experience. They covered a handful of issues under my CPO which I fully expected them to deny because of my mods. POS when chipped, two wheel bearings and diff seal leaks with my suspension.

I haven't gone to them since they moved to the former BMW building however.
Old 02-15-2006, 05:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default My most recent experience was a negative one...

I usually go to a specific mechanic, but he was travelling so I had to have my S4 towed to a dealer for a fuel pump. (It was winter, I didn't have the special tool, and was feeling lazy).

Wagner had been good in the late 90's (rated in the top 5 of east coast dealer IIRC) but man oh man , not anymore.

I was assured by the service manager (maybe Chris?) that they would do their best to get it done that day. No Luck. Next day, he said "Today for sure". Again he lied. Now by day 3 my patience is really wearing thin, as I know for a fact it's 30 minute job Max. with the right tool. After having my mechanic (who once worked at Wagner) take time from his vacation to call the guy and see what the story was, it was finally completed after 3 days.

My main problem was not so much the 3 days, but the consistent setting of an expectation, and failing to meet it. If it's going to be 3 days, tell me 3 days...

If you do end up going, they have only one tech that I would let touch my S4... Jim Houston. He is excellent, and I trust the quality of his work.

If, however, I could make a recommendation, try Autobahn East in Lexington. The drive may be a bit out of the way for you if you're near West Boylston (Wagner), but I assure you it'll be worth it.

Good Luck,

-Keith<ul><li><a href="http://www.autobahneast.net/autobahn_east_audiad.htm">http://www.autobahneast.net/autobahn_east_audiad.htm</a></li></ul>
Old 02-15-2006, 06:53 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Default Re: How is wagner audi service department?

<ul><li><a href="https://www.audiworld.com/search/">https://www.audiworld.com/search/</a</li></ul>
Old 02-15-2006, 06:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default I've had good experiences there

someone mentioned Jim H as a mechanic there and I agree he really does know his stuff. There's another younger tech there (Derek) that is also very good. They will assign either if you ask by name when you make an appointment. Doesn't solve the "not ready when it was supposed to be" problem but at least you shouldn't leave with more problems than what you had when you went in, which I've heard alot from other dealers in the area...
Old 02-16-2006, 01:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: How is wagner audi service department?

I've had good service with my S4. There was a minor screw up when they first mounted my winter wheel setup last year, but they went out of their way to make it right.

They also did a Sirius for XM module swap for free for me a year after the mixup.

I don't fault people for making a mistake, only for not owning up to it and not trying to make amends. They did that in spades.

REMEMBER TO KAKE SURE YOU LEAVE WITH YOUR LUGS WHEN THEY CHANGE YOUR WHEELS OUT!