Independent Mechanic, Manchester NH area?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 12:41 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Independent Mechanic, Manchester NH area?

So after having my 2006 A6 Avant for just over 6 months now, I figure it's time to find an honest, dependable, reasonable mechanic that isn't Nashua Audi.

Just doing a quick search online and through the local ads, I have turned up Precision Imports, Amoskeag European Auto, and someone at work mentioned South Elm Auto. Has anyone had any experience with any of these places, good or bad? Are there any other shops around that provide good work?

In addition to just having a shop on hand to deal with whatever issues arise, I'm also in the near future looking for an Inspection, a place that can do scheduled maintenance as recommended in the manual, and oil changes at a reasonable cost whenever I just don't have the time to do it.

Thanks!
Old 09-05-2009, 06:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a place in Amherst and another " Status" in Derry area

www.statusautoservice.com
Old 09-07-2009, 04:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Never, ever, ever, ever, evvvvveeeerrrr go to Precision Imports, ever. No really, don't.

Tony at Status does good work, but has been inconstant in what he charges. A fellow AW member and close friend of mine brought his B5 in for a bit of exhaust work and Tony broke a few other things along the way and charged him for it to the tune of $850+. That said, he did my timing belt for a very good price.

The place you gotta go, and its worth the drive, is Advanced Auto Tech in Gloucester MA.
Old 09-07-2009, 04:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Nothing good will ever come from going to Precision Imports, if you are looking for a laugh show up with a problem that you know the answer to and have an understanding of a reasonable price. Then see what Precision tells you is the problem and how much it will be to fix it.

Getting back to the subject, Status in Londonderry does great work at a reasonable price and if you know what you are talking about you can negotiate a little. That said, do not expect anything in terms of customer service and he can be a gamble sometimes, but I've never had a problem.

If you are looking for exemplary service at an awesome price and would like to meet just an all around great guy, go for a drive down to Gloucester, Ma and see Lee @ "Advanced Technologies."

Theres also a place up in Concord I think that I've heard good things about, but the name escapes me at the moment.

Good luck with your search and let us all know where you end up and what your thoughts are.
Old 09-07-2009, 04:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by DeepCover

Theres also a place up in Concord I think that I've heard good things about, but the name escapes me at the moment.

Northern European Auto... Something like that... I also forget. DeepCover's description of Status is most definitely accurate. I hear Tony can be persuaded to offer lower rates if you bride him with some brews from The Wild Rover... but maybe thats just an urban legend.
Old 09-07-2009, 05:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by krolls
I hear Tony can be persuaded to offer lower rates if you bride him with some brews from The Wild Rover... but maybe thats just an urban legend.
I'm actually heading over to Status this Friday to finally get my axle replaced...I'll probably see him at the Rover later that night and he won't remember who I am.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

in concord, big skip on Force 5 . More a shady junk yard than a repair biz
Old 09-09-2009, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yeah, I definitely wasn't thinking of Force 5 in Concord, I've fruitlessly e-mailed 'Chris Semple' far too many times looking for parts to ever consider bringing my car there.

Theres also a newer place in the area called "Reflex Tuning." I've spoken with them a few times, but never brought my car there. I'd love to hear from someone that did make the trip over to Reflex.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

They must be doing really well to be able to ignore so much business.... talk about a very laid back shop FTMFL
Old 09-11-2009, 02:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Reflex Tuning - Manchester

Originally Posted by DeepCover
Yeah, I definitely wasn't thinking of Force 5 in Concord, I've fruitlessly e-mailed 'Chris Semple' far too many times looking for parts to ever consider bringing my car there.

Theres also a newer place in the area called "Reflex Tuning." I've spoken with them a few times, but never brought my car there. I'd love to hear from someone that did make the trip over to Reflex.
I have been to Reflex. They used to be in Merrimack and moved this past year to Manchester. I had rear brakes done. Rates are very reasonable, and they are very knowledgable. They do alot of tuner work on VW's and Audi's but have been getting into more of the general automotive repair. $20,000 engines swap/suspension mods are great but take a long time to complete. I will continue to bring my A6 there for all non warrenty work. When that runs out, they will do all my service.