Just got pulled over again in MA for equipment violations

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 12:33 PM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts
Default You lost me at 'VW Forums' and 'know what's up'....

'cause no one knows a GD thing on that forum, especially where spelling and grammar are concerned. =)
Old 11-05-2007, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Thanks Vijay. I'll let ya know how it goes.

More than likely everything will just be dropped since a real court wont want to deal with such small tickets, and they want to keep their revenue generating statutes without them being contested.

Hard to bring this to the local media's attention and have people listen, because my car is illegal (and as you can see here people don't see the underlying issue of being pulled over and then issues being found) and I'm not a resident. So basically why should MA residents care about a someone driving through their state? Doesn't effect them any. *shrug* We'll see how it goes.

I think it's more bad luck than anything. The front plate might play an issue but many CT cars don't have front plates (since the state has changed the law tons of times and it's not really enforced since the PD's don't get revenue from it). So while I might stand out among MA cars, in the scheme of things no front plate isn't all that out of the ordinary in this area. But I can see where it would attract more attention.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My point isn't the constitutionality or legality.......

You are probably 100% dead on in this regard. Still.....if a cop issues a ticket, even if it is completely bogus, you still have to go through the hassle of fighting it. The state/cop is hoping that you won't want to go through this hassle and will just pay the fine. Since it is basically a "pay it/fix it" ticket, and there is no implication for your insurance or driving license, one will also be more inclined to just pay the fine.

It could also be (and I'm just guessing) that there could be a different standard for passenger and commercial vehicles.

There needs to some sort of disincentive for the state against this sort of abuse of power. For instance, if you are found "not guilty", you should be reimbursed for lost wages for taking the day off from work as well as for travel expenses. Until then, this sort of thing will continue to occur.