moving to boston and looking for good mechanic

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

reviving this post...has the does anyone know of any Audi mechanics North of Boston (near the NH boarder)? I am going to check in with Marc in Wakefield but I wanted to know if there were any others?

Thanks!
Old 11-30-2009, 05:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Goto Autobahn Performance in Peabody MA

Ask for Mike at Autobahn Performance, they have done great maitenance(+) work on my car. I do the 'normal' work, but anything that requires specialized tools or huge amounts of time with a large risk of something going wrong. I send it to them.

They have done an excellent job for me and I would always recommend them. You won't get warm cookies or anything like that, but this shop is a pro-show and work mostly with the Porsche community. Prices I think are 60$ and hour, but they are extremely honest. I went in with a laundry list of announces and came out with a fixed car and only a 45$ bill because things were mostly cleared up with computer scans.

http://autobahnperformance.com/

Good luck!
IB
Old 12-01-2009, 06:24 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Stay away from Frank Dota

Frank Dota posts on craigslist. He is a scumbag. Do not trust him. Had him replace cam tensioners in my A6. He set the timing wrong on the cam chains - both banks. He was using specs from a software program alldatapro.com. He claimed it was the exact same as Audi. Wrong! After setting the timing wrong, he would not come back and fix it. Chased him for 3 weeks. Have had to filoe a report with my local police department. Taking him to small claims court. Since, I have gotten correct specs from a local Audi dealership on correct timing for cam chain. Went in and fixed myself. Frank was off 2 chain rollers on each bank. This guy is an idiot.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

I've had all great experiences at Brian's garage in Needham, and I've read a lot about Lee's (Advanced Technologies) who I will try next time I need something.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks IanB

Originally Posted by IanB
Ask for Mike at Autobahn Performance, they have done great maitenance(+) work on my car. I do the 'normal' work, but anything that requires specialized tools or huge amounts of time with a large risk of something going wrong. I send it to them.

They have done an excellent job for me and I would always recommend them. You won't get warm cookies or anything like that, but this shop is a pro-show and work mostly with the Porsche community. Prices I think are 60$ and hour, but they are extremely honest. I went in with a laundry list of announces and came out with a fixed car and only a 45$ bill because things were mostly cleared up with computer scans.

http://autobahnperformance.com/

Good luck!
IB
Old 12-23-2009, 05:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default ReEcommend Advanced Technologies in Gloucester

I have been very happy with the the work Lee has done on my S4 and A4. Knowledgeable, honest, and competent guy.