NEQ Ross Bentley Seminar 2009

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 04:24 PM
Tech Guru

Received 110 Likes on 100 Posts
Default NEQ Ross Bentley Seminar 2009

I saw Ross Bentley last year at a NAAC event, and he was awesome. I highly recommend this if you can make it.

This school is aimed primarily towards instructors but advanced drivers, especially those who might want to become instructors, are also invited.

This seminar will be put on by THE Ross Bentley, former CART Driver and successful author and professional racing coach.

Ross Bentley is a successful entrepreneur and business owner and is the author of Speed Secrets, a six-book volume on improving driver performance in skill and physical and mental preparation. He is married to Robin and has a daughter, Michelle. He is trained in educational kinesiology, instructional techniques and learning strategies, and is experienced in race car engineering and design. He develops and implements driving programs for police, firefighters, paramedics and corporate fleets. In addition, Bentley supports charitable organizations including Make-A-Wish Foundations and Big Brothers.

He will be doing a variation on a new instructor training program he just developed for another club. Its focus will be on helping our instructors be better instructors, while helping them be better drivers as well.

To be a great instructor, one needs to understand more than just where the cornering line is, and how weight transfer effects a car's handling. Great instructors also understand how a driver's mind works, and how to work with a driver. A great instructor knows how different drivers learn, and have numerous communication styles to be able to connect with each student. Great instructors know the difference between teaching, instructing and coaching - and know when to use each training method. And, great instructors have a large box of "tools" - different methods and approaches - for being able to help every student, no matter what level they're at.

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.c...42C4D1D6548E26
Old 03-26-2009, 07:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree. Shake the dust off, think spring, and learn something from Ross. Seen him a few times; each time a bit different. Read a couple of his books as well.

--
quite a stable, Tom. I resemble that '81 Scirocco remark...
Old 03-27-2009, 12:24 PM
Tech Guru

Received 110 Likes on 100 Posts
Default You going to make it to Ross? Or too far.

Unfortunately think our Sciroccos are in similat condition. The comment I get is,
"Wow, it's in pretty good shape...for a New England car."