In NH, can a car be towed because of expired inspection sticker, even though it has a current reg?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 05:35 AM
Uki
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In NH, can a car be towed because of expired inspection sticker, even though it has a current reg?

My apartment complex put a sticker on my winter beater as it's registration expired in Sept and I was waiting for the snow to start falling before I started driving it again. I'm getting the car registered today, but can they legally tow it for not having a current inspection sticker? The only reason i'm not going to get it inspected just yet as it needs some exhaust work and I haven't had the extra 350$ to get it done.

Anyways, any help would be appreciated.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:53 AM

Default I don't think so. I have been driving my 911 on an expired inspection

sticker for 2 years. It was failed for not having a windshield washer pump and reservior...
Old 11-08-2007, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

windshield washer equipment is mandatory? how could you register an Atom or 550 spyder?
Old 11-08-2007, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default strap a clear plastic bin with windex and paper towels showing?

fyi they ticket for expired inspection stickers in MA...

saw one that was 75$ fine dated 4am this morning in boston
Old 11-08-2007, 07:45 AM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts
Default I think your apartment complex can do anything they want....

winter snow removal rules are unique, and largely draconian. Let them know that you have no intention of just letting it sit there and rot, that you will be driving it this coming winter.. That's probably what they're worried about, not having to work around your car.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FYI - NH does roadside stings for expired stickers

I see it all the time in Milford, at the start of the month they have two cop cars lined up where 101 slows down and makes a slow curved turn. They ticket like crazy.

I have never seen sucha sting in MA, let alone has a cop rarely walked to the front of my car to actually look at it.

But Dover PD will do a U Turn to chase you down lol don't ask hehe
Old 11-08-2007, 08:20 AM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts
Default A lot of towns do.. never seen the state police do it though.. Same in VT...

though usually it's a fix-it-ticket in VT..

Revenue enhancement at it's finest.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

in NH staties stand at the toll booths to check inspection stickers
Old 11-09-2007, 04:41 AM
Uki
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Yup, got pulled over 3 days after I brought the car up from CT to NH going through the tolls...

for lack of an inspection sticker, also had temp plates. The car had a bad air bag controller, and told him I was waiting on parts and he let me go.

Also, the day I drove it back to NH I got stopped by a Bedford cop with a temp plate and no inspection sticker and was asked why I didn't feel the need to have it inspected yet. He quickly let me go when he looked at the date on my temp plate.
Old 08-05-2022, 03:45 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default My car was towed for no Inspection

Originally Posted by tehA8PIMP
I see it all the time in Milford, at the start of the month they have two cop cars lined up where 101 slows down and makes a slow curved turn. They ticket like crazy.

I have never seen sucha sting in MA, let alone has a cop rarely walked to the front of my car to actually look at it.

But Dover PD will do a U Turn to chase you down lol don't ask hehe

The reason for the hike in inspection tickets is because there trying to keep the people thinking theres still a inspection law. If you look deep in to it you will see there deceiving you. The law was repealed. They point you to the statue that has to do with the inspection station and there requirements. Go to ://law.justia.com/codes/new-hampshire/2021/ you will see.

Quick Reply: In NH, can a car be towed because of expired inspection sticker, even though it has a current reg?