S Fest 2006 Aug 26th Coventry CT

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 03:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S Fest 2006 Aug 26th Coventry CT

Welcome.

Good morning all-

Check your individual emails, I had addresses for ~ 118 of you and you received it direct on Monday. My apologies for anyone's addresses I have who were not initially included, such is the 'fun' of hosting this thing. If you would like to receive one directly and did not on Monday, please email me and I will add you accordingly. Please check your email first though to ensure you did not get it already.

If you know you are coming please RSVP immediately, as well as Pay Pal accordingly. Not to be obnoxiousm, but this makes it easier on everyone. I already have RSVP's w/o Pay Pal's - nice.

Oh I should have 'signed' the evite from "The //SFest Team" to properly credit this years' staffers, sorry guys. Should any of Jeff Postupack, Bob Rossato, Jim Pasqualoni, or Steve Young ask anything of you all, you'll know why. Their assistance is again invaluable to making this thing happen.

Stay tuned for further details, but for now, here goes:

Five years now after the dawn of Northeast //SFest and the time has again cometh. Let There Be //SFest 2006 you asked and Hereth We Say:

***Saturday August 26th will mark the Fifth Annual Northeast //SFest***

We've built it and you have come, come further than imagined - think Colorado and Toronto and Tennessee and Michigan and Georgia and Ohio and Montreal, etc. Best part is those who come continue to be cooler, kinder, and more enthusiastic with each year. Attempts to describe //SFest have included such questions as - is it a religious revival, hippy rally, rock concert, a show about nothing? What is with the Audi thing in CT at the end of August???

While we can only hope to endeavor as well this year as each year previous, it seems it is you //Festers which bring the spell to the event. //SFest 2006 will be held this year at a facility owned by fellow UrS owner Brian Werstak, a 2 acre lot in scenic Coventry, CT 15 miles due east of Hartford - see map for details. As always //SFest will be a casual and fun family-friendly gathering of fellow owners, enthusiasts, fools and generally automotively disturbed individuals alike. We'll provide a somewhat BBQ style offering; $25 per car, $10 per adult passenger, kids free, includes admission to the event, food and beverages, token gift for first ~ 50 arrivals. A raffle and other automotive 'surprises' typically occur throughout the day, a featured Marque may be highlighted.

As so many of you come from so far, //SFest 2006 will unofficially begin welcoming early arrivals Friday 8/25, 6:00 p.m. As previous //Festers know, first come first serve as far as parking goes and prime spots for best flow of the event are filled by Sat 1:00. Two o'clock will finalize my parking of you all as you as you arrive - yes I get to park everyone.

We will begin set up and settle in Friday evening, //Fest all day Saturday, recoup, and tear down Sunday. For those inclined to make it a weekend, pitch a tent in Tent City or make the back of your Avant home.
Outhouse present, plenty of room for tents, lots of privacy. Sunset Saturday will witness LAF Outdoor Theater - Take II. Weekenders always make the best out of it over a nice bonfire late into the night.

*EVENT IS RAIN OR SHINE*

pkrasusky@ups.com
sryoung@trane.conm