So I was cited for "Failure to display registration" a few weeks ago...

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 05:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I was cited for "Failure to display registration" a few weeks ago...

issued by a NH state trooper. He got me for no front plate and having a smoked cover on my rear plate.

Of course I'll be sending it in Not Guilty and I think I might actually have a case here...

Technically, he should have issued me two separate citations, one for failure to display a front plate (I'm pretty sure this is a separate violation than having no license plates at all?). And another for obstructing the view of my rear license plate (IE the citation you would receive if your plate was excessively dirty). So Technically, I DID have a registration displayed, which the citation states. The trooper noted: "no front plate, rear plate has cover".

Thoughts? Does anyone know what specific laws these might pertain to in the state on NH? Regardless, I ditched the smoked plate cover on the rear and reinstalled my front plate.
Old 08-02-2008, 06:47 AM
Tech Guru

Received 107 Likes on 98 Posts
Default Put a front plate on, remove cover on rear, take pictures, send pics with not guilty plea.

Sometimes they'll just drop it right there.
Old 08-02-2008, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default seriously?

that sounds a bit far fetched but I'll certainly give it a shot.

It's not the $150 I care about, it's the fact that I have an immaculate driving record with no accidents and no tickets.

thanks.
Old 08-02-2008, 08:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

He didn't say anything about the tinted windows?
Old 08-02-2008, 08:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default theyll probably toss it, if you show you fixed the issue

It was a $150 ticket?>!?!??! jesus... thats probably the wrong citation you should have gotten, im assuming thats for a car driving with no license plate at all...

i know no front plate is $35 and having a cover over your rear plate is $35.... wow...
Old 08-02-2008, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default actually, he did, even though they're legal....

I have 35% on the rear only. He made me roll up my front windows to make sure they had no tint and then he claimed that the rears were too dark. I explained that they were within the 35% legal limit but he said they "look" darker.

He was just being a turd.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default exacly what I mean...

I was cited for having no plates at all (Failure to display registration). But then the note on the ticket states that the rear plate was there but had a cover on it...
Old 08-02-2008, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

4Driver4's trick may be worth a shot; but I wouldn't bother trying to nit-pick the law like that
Old 08-02-2008, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default As ugly as they are, license plates are a fact of life on every car in the world.....

To minimize their ugliness, get some nice plate frames and get them painted to match your car. Also, get the front plate mounting platform painted to match your car. You'll be surprised how much better it'll make your plates look.
Old 08-02-2008, 01:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Asicks2.7T, what state do you reside? can NH give a ticket for a front plate

on a car that's not from NH? Also, if the cover on the rear is "legal" in your home state, I don't believe that you can get a ticket for that either

BUT, I.A.N.A.L.

Quick Reply: So I was cited for "Failure to display registration" a few weeks ago...