Ugh dealing with all these **** storms.... how do i make a claim on another persons insurance?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 10:46 AM
DxC
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ugh dealing with all these **** storms.... how do i make a claim on another persons insurance?

I bought a car, and got it shipped from cali. I was told it would be insured by the shipper. The car got roof damage in shipping and now the shipper is basically being a deadbeat and became nonresponsive.

I want to make a claim on their insurance, but I dont know who their insurance is. All I know is the company name, and city and cell phone of the owner.

My insurance isnt helping me because the car wasnt insured through them at the time of shipping. the Underwriter said "the car was under the care, custody, and control of the shipping company" and to file the claim through them ...

How do I go after the guy and his insurance? Esp when he is nonresponsive and not giving me the info? Am I going to have to make ANOTHER small claims filing?!

ANY ADVICE? PLEASEEEE
Old 07-29-2008, 11:27 AM
DxC
AudiWorld Super User

after some research: looks like small claims it is! good thing i picked up extra forms yest. lol
Old 07-29-2008, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've done it few times and always got paid. Takes some time, but works
Old 07-29-2008, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

dave if you get a new cf moonroof dibs on your scratched one =)
Old 07-29-2008, 12:11 PM
DxC
AudiWorld Super User

Default thanks for the feedback ... mind if i ask u some questions?

my main question is ... what is the format?

how do i go about presenting my evidence? do i need statements signed and notarized? i figure ill get a few affidavits from me, bodyshop, seller of the car ... etc

whats it like? kind of like judge judy? or what?
Old 07-29-2008, 12:12 PM
DxC
AudiWorld Super User

Default sure, all yours

now save and print this post so if i sell it to someone else you will have grounds to sue me!
Old 07-29-2008, 12:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default that sucks! Not so classy of that company. I'll have to see the damage when you get back....

Have a good time in China!
Old 07-29-2008, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default If your insurance company will not even help tell them your dropping them for someone with better

customer service. It's ok to take your money every month for how long? Call your states attorney general and ask for help too. Or the better business beuro
Old 07-29-2008, 03:18 PM
DxC
AudiWorld Super User

really? why would the insurance company help me? its not on my policy at all
Old 07-29-2008, 04:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Quite casual, usually a higher level Clerk and not a judge.

Signed and notarized stuff makes you look better prepared and gets you credit, but is not required. Honestly? Most of the cases were settled due to one party not showing up. First attendance is taken, and if you're lucky enough to not be contended right off the bat then you win and walk away. Otherwise you wait your turn and listen to everyone else's funny stories and learn a little about the clerk in charge that day.

It's kind of "you say" and "they say" and then a decision is made. Less of a court case and more of a clerk making a decision. So being prepared and other little things help you look better.

One time the other party failed to show, so it was easy. Another time I got to present my stuff and won (I think) because the other party pretty much showed and said "nuh-uh, he's lying" so they looked like idiots.

Quick Reply: Ugh dealing with all these **** storms.... how do i make a claim on another persons insurance?