WARNING! The Mass Stateys have an unmarked...

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 08:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pursuit car

Originally Posted by Pete_In_NH
fricking green Ford Taurus.

Saw it with some victim pulled over the other day on 495 roughly between 3 and 2.

I mean.. the all black Dodge Chargers are tough to spot, but can be picked out... but a freakin green Tauras?

and my neighbor who has a few Statey friends says that they have Honda Pilots on order... oh, just f-ing great.

Guess that radar detector better step it's game a notch.
Here in Canada, namely the city of Burlington Ontario used to have a Volvo 850R turbo AWD wagon. Was highly tuned and could keep up with vettes and was also inovlved in a chase with a VIPER GTR.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Chapel
apparently they also have radar detector jammers now too
I first thought about it and it didn't quite make sense. I thought myself, "a radar detector is nothing more than a radio (receiver) and if a cop was shooting a beam in my direction, then nothing (other than large walls) should be able to block that." Then I got to thinking some more and remembered my idea I had about 3 years of building my own radar jammer. Right, apparently they don't work but I though about something a little different (or so I thought). The idea came the term "Denial of Service Attack" or commonly known as DoS. Lets say all I want to do is prevent you from using your WIFI at home so you can't outbid me on ebay. A microwave would be more than effective for this. For story purposes lets say you live really close to me, I mean really close. Take out the door to my microwave (actually don't have to do this in my house), set the timer to 10 minutes and voila, DoS for 10 minutes. The wavelengths emmited from the Microwave would flood the air and your WIFI antenna would not know what do to with all that noise. Same thing goes for cell phone jammers.

Cell phone jammers are illegal but that doesn't mean that schematics can't be found. I thought about building one, changing the frequency to operate in the Ka or K band and then integrating it to the car. Hadn't figured out what the range would be but figured that a 12 vault battery could give me a pretty good range. Specifics would be worked out along the way. If my thought process was correct, I figured that if a police officer within range tried to shoot radar my way, they would get nothing because their gun would be overloaded with all the noise in the air. They also would not be able to tell it was me because of the range. Shoot radar at me or anyone else around me and the end result would be the same DoS. Before I ever really got started, I simply forgot about it because of everything that I had going on.

Now, I'm thinking that someone could have built something similar but to work on the opposing end. Flood the air waves with junk, radar detector goes nuts (quietly) and doesn't know what to do. Then shoot vehicles with a radar gun that has a receiver than can handle all that noise. Solution for us, I would think a simply software upgrade would do the trick. In simple terms, if radar detector detects large amounts of noise, then display Jamming code. And just like that you got yourself a radar detector jammer detector.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

I refuse to forfeit this and let my V1 be good for detecting Walmart and CVS's.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by AWDreams
Here in Canada, namely the city of Burlington Ontario used to have a Volvo 850R turbo AWD wagon. Was highly tuned and could keep up with vettes and was also inovlved in a chase with a VIPER GTR.
I am originally from South Africa and there was a very wealthy city called Sandton and because the residents had Ferrari's, Porsche's and other high performance cars the local traffic police purchased a dozen 911's. The first few months the cops had wiped out two in high speed chases and then the cops were sent for more training hehehe!
Old 05-11-2009, 04:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

I came across a black 2008 Toyota camry in the Parking garage, 100 cambridge street downtown boston. the car was laced with hidden police lights on the dash and backwindow. I was shocked at what the staties can do
Old 06-02-2009, 03:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by GDawgA4
I've seen the following unmarked vehicles...

Ford Taurus/SHO
Ford Taurus Wagon
Ford Ecoline Van (blacked out)
Ford Expeditions/Explorers
Ford 500 Sedans, no tint or any visible lights on the rear deck, plain Jane
Dodge Chargers
Ford Police Interceptors (probably most common one)
Ford F150 Pick-up
Ford Mustang (Green and Dark Blue)
Add a light brown chevy sedan of recent model but definitely NOT police looking... once again on 495.. and saw another on 2, just west of Fitchburg.

Bastards!

oh, and they were doing a blind corner, bottom of hill laser speed trap on 2 west just east of Gardener this PM. I would have probably been nailed by it.... but I was going the other direction. One statey out of vehicle, gun pointed, two others waiting to pounce.

Have they no shame?

Also, I flashed my brights for quite a few miles after to warn drivers coming that way... why does nobody do that anymore?

The stateys were thick like flies today..... but absent the day before. Weird
Old 06-03-2009, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

I think it's a bit absurd... the way people drive you don't need to spend tons of money on undercover car. I bet someone crashes into a cop car everyday. It's my opinion that if you are alert enough to see a cop and safely slow down, then you probably don't need a speeding ticket.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no one flashes headlights any more because they are usually on the cell, or so preoccupied they notice nothing... short of blinding them, they rarely react

I saw a black/tinted out Ford 500 sedan unmarked statie on 93 South near Medford, handing out a ticket MOnday 8pm
Old 06-03-2009, 08:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I still flash, I figure the actual drivers will get it, the "sheep" would not.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

A few years ago I flashed my lights to an oncoming car, and a few hundred yards later I flashed the next car. He flashed me back, except all the lights were red and blue... an unmarked cop car. Fortunately, he didn't pull me over, although I'm not sure what he could have pulled me over for, other than him just being pissed at me.

Quick Reply: WARNING! The Mass Stateys have an unmarked...