Well i got a Q7 as a rental from herb chambers in burlington......

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 06:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well i got a Q7 as a rental from herb chambers in burlington......

its a fully loaded 3.6, i must say that is one very comftorbal SUV, i think i have fallen in love with it. i am wanting a black on black 4.2 with the full sline package. anybody have the Q7 for a extended period of time? any complaints? issues?
Old 11-29-2007, 06:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

silverbullett does.... how much is the rental may i ask?
Old 11-29-2007, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I've got a black 4.2 that'll be turning 1 yo in a few weeks. We have had no major issues

or complaints (knock, knock, knock). The only problem so far has been a failed secondary HVAC fan that I've been procrastinating on getting fixed. Do you have any specific questions?
Old 11-29-2007, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

the rental is free hehe, it was a courtsy car...dropped off the A8 for some service =)
Old 11-29-2007, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default well i dont have general specific questions just your input......

how do you like the car? i love the 3.6 v6 i can only imagine what it feels like. how is the ride with the air suspension? ummm any positives? negatives? thanks for the input!
Old 11-30-2007, 06:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default The car is great! Very capable family hauler - we have 3 kiddos in car seats...

couldn't bring myself to buy a minivan, even though I know that minivans are more practical.

We have a '07 4.2P that lacks only the Air-Suspension and Laser cruise control, so I can't really comment on the air suspension except to say that the one we have is pretty good - for an SUV. I think that it would be nice to upgrade the sway bars to something a little stiffer, but handling is still pretty good.

Just a few thoughts...

Pluses:
Panorama sunroof. Haven't been much of a sunroof guy until we got this. It's enormous and really opens up the cabin. The kids love it and it has a high WAF. The controls can be locked out by the driver to prevent the kiddies from mucking around with it. As a bonus, it makes washing/waxing the roof a snap!

40/20/40 2nd row seat split. Seems minor, but the fact that the center part of the 2nd row can be folded down independently of the outboard seating positions has been *huge* for us. We have 2 car seats in the 2nd row and 1 in the 3rd row.

Side Assist. I'll just say that it works, and works *very* well. Definitely worth every penny, especially when driving at night in inclement weather. We still turn to look before changing lanes, but the Audi's implementation of this feature is spot on.

Rear Camera/Parktronic. The distance overlay coupled with the acoustic and visual sensors is very handy and makes it so that I know exactly where the rear of the car is.

Exhaust note. On the V8, the exhaust at WOT is pretty sweet, esp for stock.

Integrated Bluetooth. It just works. Definitely a must have if you ever use your phone in the car.

Minuses:
DVD Nav. I hate to say it, but the Nav system sort of blows. Our Garmin C550 calculates routes better, has more POIs and is much, much easier to use. All for a fraction of the price. Yes, the Audi system is integrated with the rest of the car, which is nice...but as a Navigation system, it's overly difficult to use and a bit stupid about calculating routes

Gas Mileage. OK, this isn't really a negative. I knew full well that it sucked before I bought it.

Cargo carrying. Relative to our Touareg, which this replaced, there is much more usable cargo space. Compared to a minivan, though...not so much. You would think that there would be more available cargo space given the dimensions of the vehicle, however. Overall I don't think that it's big deal since we use a Thule cargo box whenever travelling long distances.

Head rest design. The engineer(s) at Audi who designed the head-rest system should be fired on the spot. They aren't (easily) removable and get in the way of a lot of forward-facing car seats. You *can* <a href="https://www.audiworld.com/tech/int62.shtml">remove them</a> if you want, though it's not as simple as it should be.