New Member Welcome Area We've gathered the info you need if you are new to the AudiWorld forums

2016 A6 2.0T Quattro warp rotors

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2017, 06:31 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 A6 2.0T Quattro warp rotors

So my car has been in the dealership for almost a month as I was hoping the over the phone diagnosis of warped rotors would be replaced under manufacturer warranty.
After a month, they're refusing to do so and are offering me $900 to change the front warped rotors only (includes parts $525 for the pair, labor, and tax).
The rotors and the brakes were replaced at 7500 miles due to screeching noises. Now the car has just over 30K miles.
I have had other cars such as Honda Accord, Lexus GS350, BMW 335....none of them gave me this problem so I don't understand why does Audi A6 have this issue. Is it common with this car?
They are claiming it is common with all cars (not specific to Audi) and that they see this all the time and they say it's considered regular wear and tear which is not covered under warranty.
I even had Audi of America get involved but they said the same thing the dealer was saying.

It also started leaking coolant which was another surprise (leaky hose which was replaced).

Does anyone know anything about it? I am sure they quoted high (that by the way includes $100 discount). What should I expect to pay to have rotors changed?
My experience at the dealership has been horrible and I've been very disappointed with the car and can't wait to get rid of it at this point.
Old 10-03-2017, 02:43 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default 2016 Audi A6 warped rotors

I have the same issue on my 2016 Audi A6 rotors/breaks were replaced at 9800 Miles. Now dealership stated that I need all the breaks and rotors replaced less than 24k miles. This is unbelievable.
Old 11-01-2017, 02:04 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by INDYAUDIA6
I have the same issue on my 2016 Audi A6 rotors/breaks were replaced at 9800 Miles. Now dealership stated that I need all the breaks and rotors replaced less than 24k miles. This is unbelievable.
I just saw your post. I'm wondering if others are having the same problem. I also had problem with the parking break malfunctioning 2 different times. Have you had that happen to you too?
I'd love to hear from others as well and how they got these issues resolved.
Old 05-18-2018, 01:27 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by INDYAUDIA6

Well, here is another report from Los Angeles in May 2018. 

I have a four-wheel-drive supercharged 2016 A6. At 30,000 miles, I took it in complaining of a shuddering vibration when braking. It was diagnosed by my local Audi dealership (Beverly Hills Audi) as having warped and grooved rotors requiring replacement of the brake discs and all four rotors at a cost of $1700. I expressed natural surprise at being told the rotors had been warped or even grooved, considering there had been no low brake pad warning announcement. I was then told, believe it or not, that this condition was produced by overheating the brakes. I pointed out that I drive the car only to and from work on congested Los Angeles freeways and that the idea was preposterous. My service advisor who I doubt has been out of his ZIP Code anytime recently then responded that stop and go traffic could be the overheating cause. Having lived a good portion of my life in Europe, and knowing that these cars are intended to be slowed down from Autobahn speeds repetitively, the idea of tapping them occasionally in traffic resulting in heat related warping of the rotors and scoring of the discs is simply ridiculous. In any case they have stuck to their guns and have refused to adjust the problem as a warranty issue. I gather that by reading the posts above referenced to a regional service manager at Audi would be unavailing. These are generally tough cars built capably and meant to withstand speed and hard use so I cannot understand why these are failing so quickly unless possibly the US models are being fitted with softer materials to produce less noise upon braking.

As if to rub salt in the wounds, they also announced that one of the motor mounts had failed resulting in vibration at idle. This, at least, there covering under warranty.
Old 05-14-2022, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Audi A6 2.0T

Originally Posted by eshlan2
So my car has been in the dealership for almost a month as I was hoping the over the phone diagnosis of warped rotors would be replaced under manufacturer warranty.
After a month, they're refusing to do so and are offering me $900 to change the front warped rotors only (includes parts $525 for the pair, labor, and tax).
The rotors and the brakes were replaced at 7500 miles due to screeching noises. Now the car has just over 30K miles.
I have had other cars such as Honda Accord, Lexus GS350, BMW 335....none of them gave me this problem so I don't understand why does Audi A6 have this issue. Is it common with this car?
They are claiming it is common with all cars (not specific to Audi) and that they see this all the time and they say it's considered regular wear and tear which is not covered under warranty.
I even had Audi of America get involved but they said the same thing the dealer was saying.

It also started leaking coolant which was another surprise (leaky hose which was replaced).

Does anyone know anything about it? I am sure they quoted high (that by the way includes $100 discount). What should I expect to pay to have rotors changed?
My experience at the dealership has been horrible and I've been very disappointed with the car and can't wait to get rid of it at this point.
I am experiencing the exact same issue with my 2016 Audi A6. I have had to change my rotors twice already and I have only 68,000 miles on my vehicle. To add injury to insult, I am experiencing the same shuddering while breaking once again. So it looks like I’m going to have to change my rotors for the 3rd time. I am beyond frustrated with this. I think this rotors situation calls for a class action lawsuit against Audi. I think a recall on these rotors or something is in order!