New Member Welcome Area We've gathered the info you need if you are new to the AudiWorld forums

Audi Connect down for new users in the USA and Audi isn’t talking about it

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2021, 06:21 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Parzival
Can you explain how you entered your PIN (rather than email/pw) when you tried to log in to the MMI? I can’t figure out a way to do it (and can’t log into my MMI either).
When you go to the users screen, instead of supplying the password for your myAudi user account, supply your PIN. It won't work however this appears to reset something, perhaps a cached value locally. After this fails, supply the password for your myAudi user and it should then be able to log you in. I've confirmed this works on several new Audi's now as a I've since relayed the information to our local dealership who was struggling w/ this as well.

Last edited by TommyB9999; 06-21-2021 at 06:24 AM.
Old 06-21-2021, 06:24 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Parzival
Just to clarify, when you say you tried to login using the PIN instead of the password, did you enter the email address associated with myAudi and the PIN in place of the password?

Not trying to be thick, just trying to follow the same steps. When I enter my pin instead of the password, the “enter” button is grayed out until I’ve entered more characters… Thanks!!
Correct, use your email address associated with your myAudi user and the PIN in place of the password. It doesn't seem to really matter whether the PIN is correct or not so long as you enter numeric characters until you have the option to logon.
Old 06-24-2021, 06:28 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TommyB9999
Correct, use your email address associated with your myAudi user and the PIN in place of the password. It doesn't seem to really matter whether the PIN is correct or not so long as you enter numeric characters until you have the option to logon.
I have the same exact issue on my brand new 2021 Q3 - the pin trick didn’t work :-( I tried everything now - I have an appointment tomorrow with Audi hope they can figure it out - working on it now since Saturday and yea here also server was down this weekend when we purchased the car - app works - mmi won’t - when I put in the right password it’s telling mw - your login was not successful - try again later. When I put in a wrong password o get the message the Info I entered was in correct … WiFi works maps work Alexa does not without login in to my Audi first - I know the Q3 is limited in the app only thing I see is a mile tracker - pretty useless but I want my car at least connected to my Audi for Alexa …
Old 06-25-2021, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Marc Strzodka
I have the same exact issue on my brand new 2021 Q3 - the pin trick didn’t work :-( I tried everything now - I have an appointment tomorrow with Audi hope they can figure it out - working on it now since Saturday and yea here also server was down this weekend when we purchased the car - app works - mmi won’t - when I put in the right password it’s telling mw - your login was not successful - try again later. When I put in a wrong password o get the message the Info I entered was in correct … WiFi works maps work Alexa does not without login in to my Audi first - I know the Q3 is limited in the app only thing I see is a mile tracker - pretty useless but I want my car at least connected to my Audi for Alexa …

Just came back from the dealer appointment - still no login possible to MyAudi on the MMI - answer from Cooperate - they still have server issues and login is not possible - the dealer did fix a problem with the key user license agreement - we hoped that was the problem but apparently thats not it - so hope cooperate get their act together and fixes the server in Germany
Old 06-25-2021, 09:42 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Marc Strzodka
Just came back from the dealer appointment - still no login possible to MyAudi on the MMI - answer from Cooperate - they still have server issues and login is not possible - the dealer did fix a problem with the key user license agreement - we hoped that was the problem but apparently thats not it - so hope cooperate get their act together and fixes the server in Germany
The key user agreement in the state it was would almost certainly not help the situation so good you were able to get that resolved. We followed the process outlined earlier over a 24-48 hour period, removing the vehicle from myAudi, changing our password and PIN, re-establishing the key user, waited till the following morning, attempted to login to the MMI using the PIN, logged in successfully using the password. It's been a few weeks now and we haven't had any issues since. My wife has since added me as a driver and I was also able to login to the MMI without issue on the first pass as well. There definitely appears to be some sort of integration issues between some systems on Audi's end when setting it all up initially.
Old 06-26-2021, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Just set up Audi Connect for 2 clients yesterday, and apps are functional. Sounds like your dealers don't understand how to do things.

You have to set it up within the app first. There is no alternate way. Not just that, but in order for any of the trials to start, or the full functionality of the app to be live, the car must first be reported sold by the dealer to Audi.

For Alexa: https://m.media-amazon.com/images/G/...ideAudieng.pdf

Q3's in the US have very limited functionality for the MyAudi App, regardless of the spec vehicle it is. No idea about the rest of the world.

To DIY via the app, is quite simple:

You can download the app from the AppStore called MyAudi. Follow the prompts to register and it will walk you through all steps.

Once you've registered, go to the Profile Tab (bottom right corner of the app), scroll and look for the following:

Key User Contract

1. Customer completes Key User agreement under Profile tab
  2. Customer provides the Contract ID from the pdf agreement to dealer
  3. Email your dealer the Contract ID (it will start with USAU....), or call the number previously mentioned above.
  4. Next,
    1. On the vehicle details page in the app, scroll down to the myAudi marketplace.
    2. Select Functions on Demand to land on the trial details page.
    3. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the trial activation

Once the above is completed, wait ~15 minutes or so, and using the same login credentials you used for the app, log into the car at the initial welcome screen. Or you can go to Users in the MMI and login that way. This will start your Audi Connect Trial. Note, the trial cannot begin until the dealer reports the car as sold to Audi, so it's not always doable the day you take the car home.

Once logged in, you are then prompted to set up the Key User portion (a security measure for the app). Use the same user name you used to login to the app and the car, and then use the 10 digit code from the keytag that came with your car (scratch off the portion on the keytag). Note that different vehicles have different levels of functionality.

Last edited by SCarGuy; 06-26-2021 at 08:36 AM.
Old 06-26-2021, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
Just set up Audi Connect for 2 clients yesterday, and apps are functional. Sounds like your dealers don't understand how to do things.

You have to set it up within the app first. There is no alternate way. Not just that, but in order for any of the trials to start, or the full functionality of the app to be live, the car must first be reported sold by the dealer to Audi.

For Alexa: https://m.media-amazon.com/images/G/...ideAudieng.pdf

Q3's in the US have very limited functionality for the MyAudi App, regardless of the spec vehicle it is. No idea about the rest of the world.

To DIY via the app, is quite simple:

You can download the app from the AppStore called MyAudi. Follow the prompts to register and it will walk you through all steps.

Once you've registered, go to the Profile Tab (bottom right corner of the app), scroll and look for the following:

Key User Contract

1. Customer completes Key User agreement under Profile tab
  2. Customer provides the Contract ID from the pdf agreement to dealer
  3. Email your dealer the Contract ID (it will start with USAU....), or call the number previously mentioned above.
  4. Next,
    1. On the vehicle details page in the app, scroll down to the myAudi marketplace.
    2. Select Functions on Demand to land on the trial details page.
    3. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the trial activation
Once the above is completed, wait ~15 minutes or so, and using the same login credentials you used for the app, log into the car at the initial welcome screen. Or you can go to Users in the MMI and login that way. This will start your Audi Connect Trial. Note, the trial cannot begin until the dealer reports the car as sold to Audi, so it's not always doable the day you take the car home.
Once logged in, you are then prompted to set up the Key User portion (a security measure for the app). Use the same user name you used to login to the app and the car, and then use the 10 digit code from the keytag that came with your car (scratch off the portion on the keytag). Note that different vehicles have different levels of functionality.
Hi there - so 1-3 is done - the APP and PC access work for my Q3 - also my MMI has the TRIAL until 12/19 active - I still can't login with the same username (email) and password on the MMI - once I do it said - Login was not successful try again later" - if I use a wrong password it's telling me that the credentials are wrong. - It's not only my dealer - I also called Audi direct for that now and they have the same issue - their system is just simply crap. - SO my Q3 has the trial but I can't login with myAudi under User on the MMI in order to activate Alexa I have to do that (I got the same PDF for Alexa from the dealer as well)

Old 06-26-2021, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

When was the car purchased?

Every dealer has access to a whole tech support site for Audi Connect. All outages are reported there, live. There are none currently beyond sporadic instances of a couple remote functions (lock/unlock) not working.

You can also have your dealer open a VIN specific support ticket via the above portal, and they can then reset things remotely for you as well.
Old 06-26-2021, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
When was the car purchased?

Every dealer has access to a whole tech support site for Audi Connect. All outages are reported there, live. There are none currently beyond sporadic instances of a couple remote functions (lock/unlock) not working.

You can also have your dealer open a VIN specific support ticket via the above portal, and they can then reset things remotely for you as well.
Last Saturday - I just tried everything g u said again in my end - the key agreement is confirmed from the dealer as well on Thursday we did this while I was at the dealer - I just tried again it steps above and o have no luck at 4 u said to go on the app to the market place - I don’t have that option I can go to connect and see the plus and prime been active for the car - as far as I know the 10 digit number part never happen on the -Q3 I got told - I did contacted Audi via chat and opened a ticket for the car - I’m sure something g is a screwed up at the backend - I’m a computer guy and love to troubleshoot but that’s 100% not on my end here …

one thing MyAudi app shows subscription connect care only if I go
to Audi connect it shows connect prime and plus
Old 06-28-2021, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

My suggestion is have the the dealer open a support ticket

Quick Reply: Audi Connect down for new users in the USA and Audi isn’t talking about it