New Member Welcome Area We've gathered the info you need if you are new to the AudiWorld forums

Audi Connect down for new users in the USA and Audi isn’t talking about it

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2021, 03:40 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm curious. Do I have to have the Key user verified before I can get the wifi to work? Or is that a separate issue?
Old 08-30-2021, 03:43 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've owned my 2019 A5 Sportback for 4 months now. Just today the Audi Connect has started working then the vehicle is off. When it's on, the app connects through the in car Wi-Fi, and that has worked great, but as soon as I turn the car off and walk away, I could no longer get status, lock or unlock the doors, etc.

Just this morning it started working. I am able to get status and lock/unlock doors. Not sure what has happened, but I hope it means that Audi has resolved the issues with thier service.

Old 08-30-2021, 04:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 522 Likes on 357 Posts

Sad to say that Audi Connect has not been as reliable as hoped. I like the idea of being able to lock and unlock from the phone but can't trust the connection between the app and the car. Bummed at poor execution of a good concept.
Old 09-11-2021, 05:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts

We bought our SQ5 at the end of June and setup AudiConnect with the sales guy. All was fine until 2 weeks later the Live Traffic Info stopped working. The App works fine on my phone, iPad and computer.

The salesman suggested I should log out of Audi Connect and then log back in. Now I can’t log back in. I’ve tried to reinitialize Audi Connect and it fails to go through the process. Apparently the next step is a cold reboot which would lose all our settings.

I’m going to try calling Audi Connect on Monday but have little optimism that I will either get through or that they can fix it. PITA!

Does anyone have an alternative fix that has worked?

MTIA.
Old 09-22-2021, 11:09 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

This worked for me on my new 2021 Audi A8L! Thanks!
Old 12-31-2021, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by TommyB9999
Update, we were able to get everything working. I'll detail the steps below for anyone else that is interested, your mileage may vary so exercise caution and be sure you have the vehicle code handy. We logged into the myAudi IOS app and removed the vehicle from the profile. We then changed the password and PIN. The dealership setup some generic credentials and we wanted to change these anyway so figured it would be a good time to do this anyway. Next, we added the vehicle by VIN back via the myAudi IOS app. We also ensured that automatic login to the MMI in the vehicle connection settings of the myAudi app was enabled. For the next portion, we headed over to the vehicle itself. We re-established the key user in settings -> users and validated via the app that we can access remote unlock/lock capabilities, mileage and vehicle information, etc. After this, we were then able to login to the MMI via the users section and confirmed all of the available features including Audi Connect were functional. Hope this helps.
Thanks. I tried this myself and it worked! Really appreciated.