New Member Welcome Area We've gathered the info you need if you are new to the AudiWorld forums

New RS3 Owner - WI

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2018, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New RS3 Owner - WI

Hello all!

I just ordered my 2019 Audi RS3 yesterday. I am beyond excited! It will be built mid December and should arrive in Houston, TX by January 9th (ETA). For any RS3 owners, what are some tips for the break-in period? Any fun quirks? Interesting facts to share? I have never owned an Audi before nor have I ever ordered a car to my exact preference. It's a whole new experience and I can't wait to join the Audi family! Thank you!

-Brittany
Old 11-13-2018, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats on the order, and welcome! Curious, which dealership did you order from? We had a 2019 on order from Audi North Shore in MKE back in July (weren't happy with the Madison dealership at all--every interaction with their sales dept has been awful), but our order (a production number was allocated in September) had been pushed back multiple times. After we heard directly from the manager at North Shore and others on here, we looked around and found a 2018 in Knoxville that had all of the specs we wanted. There's nothing official from Audi that I've seen, but there's a consensus there's been a production delay due to European emission standards changes that's pushing production starts out to mid-January at the earliest. (https://www.caradvice.com.au/680235/audi-rs3-production-halted-wltp/)

As for your questions on break-in, Audi generally recommends keeping the RPMSs below 5500 for the first 1000 miles. Quirks that irk some folks but personally don't bug me are that the sport seats are manual (had a 2017 S3 prior to this that had automatic comfort seats, but the manual adjustments are faster IMO), and no built-in homelink. Make sure you get the technology package, the virtual cockpit is amazing. And the sound and handling are awesome, just starting the engine up never fails to put a smile on my face. My husband got a 2018 TT-RS this spring, and there's something magical about the in line 5 sound. It may be a bit of a wait, but it will be well worth it!!

-Amy
Old 11-14-2018, 10:02 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Amy!

Thank you so much for the warm welcome! It's funny you mention the Madison Audi dealer. We started our inquiry there but as you said the whole experience with their sales team was very off-putting. It seemed like we were a bother to them to even ask about ordering the RS3. We also wanted to trade in my husband's C6 Corvette as a down payment and they low-balled us by 1000's. We ended up going to the Audi Milwaukee location. The whole experience was great! They offered us a reasonable amount for the C6 without hesitation. We lucked out because they already had an allocation in place since October 1st. So that definitely helped us out considering we came to them a month later. That's awesome you guys could find exactly what you wanted! There was a 2018 Nardo Grey one available in Indiana but we did not care for the RS Design package. We figured we should just order what we want.

The manual seats don't bother me either but I hear a lot of complaints about that. I currently drive a CTS-V with the power seats and all the lumbar support options and it's a pain to adjust! I think the 2019 RS3's have wireless charging for phones so if I'm without homelink I think I will survive, haha. We definitely ordered the Technology Package (how can you not? It looks so cool!). I am so excited for the 5 cylinder! My husband's winter car is a Volvo C30 T5 and because of that car...we just fell in love with the 5 cylinder. The RS3 and TT-RS are definitely the best 5 cylinders you can get (I think the only 5 cylinders you can get nowadays!). I'm okay on waiting...even if it's months later than planned. I know in the end it will be so worth it! Thanks for reaching out! I will definitely keep people posted about our journey! Take care!

--Brittany
Old 11-24-2018, 01:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

ugh. no thanks. I can never wait that long. I woke up, decided I wanted a new car and walked to the dealership. of course, being the end of the model year, it was slim pickings but I got a fully loaded S5 SB on the cheap, but had to wait over a week for it to be shipped from across country. that was torture enough, driving by the dealership, camping out, drinking the coffee with binoculars on the lookout for the transport carrier. I would die knowing it would take months to get to me.