Any of you guys run with NCRC for track events?....

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 11:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any of you guys run with NCRC for track events?....

A colleague of mine recommended them as a lower cost alternative to ACNA and yet less "free for all" than NASA. Any feedback?
Old 02-04-2009, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I have in the past... very good group... Hooked on Driving is great too...

HOD is the best run track day club I have ever seen.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Thanks for the info. I've also heard that HOD is very good. Too bad they often do weekdays
Old 02-04-2009, 12:50 PM

Default Love them.. I'm a regular with them.. I didn't like NASA for advanced groups

So they decided to go really low on cost this year! (They basically have to fill-up each event to break-even). A little risky but will probably work. I don't want to speak for Dave or Luc (the NCRC chiefs) but they have asked their regulars what we thought and we all expressed a concerned about the crownd it would draw. They do not want to turn this in another NASA so they are watching very closely.

Having said that: These past 3 years with them have been AWESOME! All adults with really nice cars. Very safe.

The concept of passing everywhere for higher run group is excellent. It gets you to work on passing in turns and makes for a very fluid run-group with no trains... The new comers that are not comfortable with this should be running in lower run groups. (We've had issues the last few events where new drivers where afraid of pointing in turns).
Typically 5 sessions of 20-25min during the day...

It is not your ACNA event with a lot of 1-on-1 instruction for every run group. Don't get me wrong, you can still get coaching by a bunch of really good drivers but it is less formal. I recommend NCRC for experienced drivers but It's not as good as ACNA for newbies...

Hope this helps you decide if you want to give it a shot. I'll be at Laguna Seca with ACNA in a few weeks and again mid April with NCRC. Find me on the paddock if you want to chat more...

Rich.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I 2nd HOD for organization and keeping egos in check.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I'm new to this region... so what's NASA like here?

Only clubs I ran with in NorCal thus far are: ACNA & T.E.A.M. Racing. I have heard of NCRC & HOD, and plan on trying NASA out as well. You made a hint of contrasting differences but I couldn't tell more than that. Email me off line if need be. thanks!
Old 02-04-2009, 02:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Will have to check NCRC out.. I've driven in the advanced groups with>>>

ACNA, NASA, TEAM and Trackmaster.. enjoy the open passing if its a good aware group. Your right about NASA huge crowds- count on being there 10+ hours for 80min of track time otherwise never had an issue on track.

Gonna miss Laguna this year with ACNA.. so sad!
Old 02-04-2009, 02:44 PM

Default yep...

what's up! i signed up for the upcoming 2/13 thunderhill event.

NCRC is not as organized as ACNA, HOD, or Trackmasters. No "free" instructors for beginners.

You get A LOT of track time if your an intermediate/solo group or better. They allow you to run down a group so you get double the track time.

i've done a track event with them last year and it was fine. you'll just have to be more cautious on the track.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default 2nd that. Run with NCRC once and will go back. A caveat, I would not recommend for first timers...

I ran with NCRC at Thill in June and will go run with them again. Was a Sat/Sun and had very good instructors all day (free too).

Nice people, careful about safety, friendly drivers, lots of track time.

Only caveat, I wouldn't recommend for first timers. The reason, they let people run down a group. So the Solo drivers can run in Point By if they drive to those rules.

That means the Point By group is effectively an ACNA A, B and C group combined. A first timer would be on track with cars a lot faster. That would probably rattle a first timer, at least it would have rattled me my first time. As a novice level driver, I didn't have a problem.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:01 PM

Default FRRG is hosting a track day if you're interested...

We're still lookin to add 7 or 8 people, so if you're interested let myself, Dr. Quattro, or 4 rings racer know! Put the thread link below...<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/s4b8/msgs/1410.phtml">https://forums.audiworld.com/s4b8/msgs/1410.phtml</a</li></ul>

Quick Reply: Any of you guys run with NCRC for track events?....