I need some help... BIG TIME (x-post included)

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need some help... BIG TIME (x-post included)

I need to have my rear looked at after being in an accident so I would like someone who is qualified and familiar working with Audi's to look at it.

Also, I checked out the <a href="http://www.norcalaudiclub.org/shops.html">"Shops" section at Nor Cal Audi Club</a> and it seems that there are a number of body shops listed:

Automotive Perfection
B&amp;S Hacienda Auto Body
Brooks Motor Cars
Union City Auto Body

Has anyone had any recent interactions with these places or others not mentioned they would care to share? Price is really not an issue since the other person's insurance will be paying for it.

<a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/a4gen2/msgs/683847.phtml">here's the x-post from the A4 B6 forum</a>... and the story below.

-----

As many of you are aware, I picked up my new 2004.5 A4 last week. Well, today I was heading to my girlfriend's house after stopping at the dealership to pick up my All-weather mats... and I got rear-ended!!!

I seriously almost shed a tear when I got out of my car on the shoulder of 101. After years of saving, I finally was able to afford the car I wanted and it took less than a week and a tank of gas for some idiot woman on her cell phone in rush hour, stop-and-go traffic, to RUIN everything I worked/saved for.

Now granted, it could have been much worse like the car being totaled or involve some sort of injury, but it is really sad/disappointing that it was something that I had no control over. I left plenty of room between me and the next car in front of me and did not slam or even brake hard. There was no other defensive driving measure short of not driving at all that could have prevented this. She was being impatient and wanted to cut across another lane to the right and swiped my rear bumper (right side).

As far as the damage is concerned, it mostly (VERY ABRASIVELY) scraped up the paint. There is some what of a dent and warping around the are of the collision and it seems to have flexed the bumper out along the seam where it meets the rear-right fender. I pray that there is nothing wrong with the fender or trunk lid (it does still open) but there's no way that I can tell as of now.

So for those of you in the Bay Area, CA, please help a brother out and reccomend the best body shops I could contact. Price is really not an issue since the person at fault's insurrance should cover all of the damages.

Also, if anyone (with the Ultra Sport package or not) has experienced a rear-end collision, any comments about what to watch out for or what to make sure the body shop checks for and fixes would be greatly appreaciated.

Finally, although this is obviously not the most ideal method, I am considering upgrading the rear bumper and/or valence to something after-market. If anyone could could provide me with rough number comparisons with a stock '04 Ultra Sport rear-end versus other after-martket options that would be MORE THAN APPRECIATED.

Though I am not an advocate of being dishonest/cheating, if I would like to upgrade my bumper. I think it is a fair compensation for the trouble and emotional (yes... I said emtional) anguish it has caused me. Becuase the fact remains that if this person had not been so careless/impatient/talking on the cell phone, my car would be as good as the day that I drove it off the lot... ONE WEEK AGO!!!

Thanks again to anyone who could recomment body shops in the Bay Area or provide any other useful information.
Old 09-09-2004, 02:00 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Grace's Auto Body in South San Francisco...they even do black cars well

I am the one that listed Union City Auto Body...and Automotive Perfection...I also recommend Grace's Auto Body in South SF.
Old 09-09-2004, 02:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Diablo Autobody in Concord...

Has handled my A4 and allroad. A4 was there three times and the allroad there once. All three times were done perfect. Having several experiences with them (two collisions and two keying incidents), I would without hesitation refer anybody with an Audi
Old 09-09-2004, 02:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I responded to your other post as well.. George@Creative Kustoms in San Jose.
Old 09-09-2004, 03:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default OMG! my heart bleeds for you and your car!

horrendous story!

those frickin women drivers in cell phones! uuurgh!

*holds head*

so sorry for your unfortunate incident.
Old 09-09-2004, 08:17 PM

I don't like Brooks Motors... very bad experience there
Old 09-09-2004, 09:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Brooks Motor Cars did a great job matching the paint on my pearl white B5 S4. Talk to Dan.
Old 09-09-2004, 11:16 PM

Default I've gone to M2 Collision in sunnyvale (on Arques)...

They fixed my 2000 S4 right rear side of the car. I went to them because it was one of the places that my insurance agent recommended (mostly because they bill direct). After speaking with the person giving the quote, I felt they knew what they were talking about and weren't going to just do a cheesy dent repair and paint coverup. It looked great when done and you couldn't even tell it had been in an accident.

My husband also took his Boxster S there twice. They did a good job fixing the dent and matching the paint in both cases and I can't tell it has been damaged. The made a couple of (non-destructive) mistakes on his car. For example, they forgot to order the "S" for the logo on the trunk of his car and so he just owned a "Boxster" for a while. :-) They ordered the "S" and fixed it so it wasn't a biggy.

If I needed to get my car repaired after an accident, I'd go there again. If it was out of pocket (and not paid by insurance), I might shop around to compare prices. Price wasn't an issue at the time.

KB
Old 09-10-2004, 07:52 AM

Default I've had work done at B&S Hacienda...

Without problems. They aren't cheap, but Tony or Robby can take care of your car there. Tell them Brian Chow w/ the Navy Blue Audi S4 sent you if you head over there.
Old 09-10-2004, 09:41 AM
Banned

2nd...do a search of the archives for Creative Kustoms

Quick Reply: I need some help... BIG TIME (x-post included)